By kaitlynn - 01/02/2010 20:56 - France

Today, at four in the morning, I was asleep with my boyfriend beside me. I started yelling at him in my sleep and broke up with him. When I woke up, he was gone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 868
You deserved it 10 246

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MermaidSongXOXO 6

If you did that in your sleep, how would you know what happened?

I picture this: *Wakes up* Oh god, I just had the most terrible, VIVID dream where I was breaking up wi- Tom? Toooooom? Hello? *Searches house* He's gone. >_> And basically she figures it out from there. I usually know when I've talked in my sleep.

Comments

h_langston12 0

that sucks. but I have done that before :/

metalfan333 0

i doubt that #2 since this is a fake story

h_langston12 0

you doubt it why? you know this is fake how?it could very easily be true.

Mirequetz 6

I've done that before too. I haven't broken up with my boyfriend in my sleep, but I've gotten mad at him while im still sleeping. Took him a while to realize I talk in my sleep sometimes and it has nothing to do with him.

ash14 0

I hope that never happens to me haha. One time, I told my mom "that half-inch was intense," and I still don't know what I was dreaming about...

Splayd 10

Are you aware that RIGHT below this particular FML is another FML that talks about a half hour of "intense"ly scraping the "inch and a half" of snow from his car? HMMMMM!!

MermaidSongXOXO 6

If you did that in your sleep, how would you know what happened?

The_Toxic_Mite 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I picture this: *Wakes up* Oh god, I just had the most terrible, VIVID dream where I was breaking up wi- Tom? Toooooom? Hello? *Searches house* He's gone. >_> And basically she figures it out from there. I usually know when I've talked in my sleep.

lace2010 0

to 3 I'm sure he told her she did it

MermaidSongXOXO 6

#8 He wasn't there to tell her in the morning. Also, Intoxicunt, that doesn't explain why she mentioned the time >.< That's a good theory, though.

Ah, good point. Also, #6 is a moron and didn't understand what you meant, obviously.

linamerri 0

has anyone ever told u that u look freaky?

Which of us? Both my and her pics are edited. But if you were talking to me, yes, when I was in junior high and anyone wearing shoes was a weirdo. :)

The_Toxic_Mite 0

How am I a moron? Seriously, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

MermaidSongXOXO 6

#30 If you're talking to me, yes. One time someone on here told me my pic looked like a mix of Dakota Fanning and the girl from The Exorcist -_-

#40: You called her a dumbass. Soooooo.... hypocrisy? Also, I was referring to the fact that you said that the OP's boyfriend would hear it, which had nothing to do with how the ***OP*** would know it happened without the bf being there to inform her.

The_Toxic_Mite 0
MermaidSongXOXO 6

Exactly, Intoxicunt. He couldn't have told OP. ....I'm still confused as to how she knew she broke up with him, though. Even if she had a dream about breaking up with him, that doesn't explain how OP knew the time. I have a feeling this FML is fake, but about 99% of them are so it's not surprising. The best part of an FML is reading the comments anyway :) Also, The_Toxic_Mite yes you did say that and made yourself sound ignorant.

choosemusic 0

#50, you kinda look like that girl from harry potter. luna lovegood, i think it is.

nadsm 0

uhm, toxic mite, yes you did. look up there ^^ at #6. wow.

TheDaveCA 1

@Mermaid If you woke up and your boyfriend was gone, and if this were unusual, wouldn't you call him? if so, he might share what happened, no?

MermaidSongXOXO 6

#72 I'm not the type of girl that'd be in bed with my boyfriend, but hypothetically, I guess I would call in that situation. I'm just mainly concerned about the time. OP couldn't have known the time, and if she talked to her boyfriend I highly doubt OP's boyfriend would mention it happened at four in the morning:/ *sigh* Oh well. Maybe this is fake, maybe it's not. If it's real, OP probably wanted to break up with him anyways. The human subconscious can be very revealing sometimes. She might have been thinking about breaking up with him, so she talked about it in her sleep.

irishwhiskey91 0

that's an extraordinary point. I call bullshit on this one.

I'm pretty sure Mita was being sarcastic. Either that, or there's no hope for society.

Gumblebum100 0

#75 …… you kinda look like a vampire…… anyways I agree with you on everything

JustGines 0

I might be reading it wrong, but to me, it sounded like she was with him at four. Then woke up later on to find him missing. I don't know. I'm probably wrong.

MermaidSongXOXO 6

She was asleep at four. I said I highly doubt her boyfriend would tell her when she started saying things. That's what I meant.

My fiance talks in his sleep a lot. When it's funny I make sure to remember and give him a rundown in the morning like, "Last night, at 3:30, you said..." If you're suddenly jolted awake while you're sleeping you tend to remember what the time is. So it's not entirely implausible.

MermaidSongXOXO 6

well, girls tend to mention details like that more often than guys do. OP's boyfriend wasn't even there in the morning, so while it's plausible, it's still unlikely in their particular case.

yeah I agree. still question about that fact.

maybe she just fell asleep at 4 am? and if he was dumped then he had to have told a mutual friend... who told her.

hypergrafia 1

Why *wouldn't* he mention it was 4 in the morning? "Tom, where are you?" "Well, how do I put this... I'm having a nice peaceful slumber when you start kicking me awake at four in the bloody morning, yelling about how you want to break up!" (And yes, the boyfriend's name is now officially Tom)

But how does she know what reeeeaally happened? ^_^ *doubts the story*

Not possible #7. When you're dreaming, you can't be sleeptalking as they take place in different stages of sleep. You can't be doing both at the same time, and dreaming has nothing to do with what you say when you're sleeptalking.

Velaur 0

@109 Use your head please: OP wakes up, BF gone, freaks out, calls said BF. OP "WTF WHERE ARE YOU?" BF "At 4am this morning in your sleep, you broke up with me." OP "Oh ****....makeup sex?" That's a good theory, though MermaidSongXOXO.

well has anyone heard of a phone? usually when you don't know where someone is u give em a call and possibly that's how it lead to op finding out wat happened

#180 that's untrue ur dreams do have an effect on what you say sometimes, I would know cuz my sister talks in her sleep all the time

princesslayha 0

I enjoy how everyone is having conversation/ fighting on this one comment. classic

your the one who called her a dumb ass in the first place dumb ass

Scamandius 0

If your boyfriend couldn't tell that you were asleep while saying these things, he's an idiot.

TheDaveCA 1

He might have taken the hint from her subconscious, or he might not have been too broken up over the whole thing...

hypergrafia 1

I'm guessing he could, but maybe he took it to be a manifestation of her subconscious desires.

newsgit 0

maybe he wanted to leave her anyways and she just made it easier

i think you should be glad to be rid of him. he's obviously a dumbass if he didn't realize.

Underground818 0
Jeff2017 0
perdix 29

I know the secrets that you keep When you're talking in your sleep. I think your story is in the extended dance mix of The Romantics hit. I guess that's one thing he didn't like about you.

chadwick110480 0

this is a lame FML, I only clicked in to see what perdix said, and it was worth is as per ususe.

KurouTenshi 0

Great song reference perdix:) the guy who replies with lyrics is sulking in some corner now

perdix 29

I know what you are talking about! Where is he when you need him? In the past couple of days, people have lived "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)", "Talking In Your Sleep" and the plot to "Mamma Mia" the movie. These big, fat meatballs are just hanging over home plate -- someone has to knock them out of the partk!