By kaitlynn - 01/02/2010 20:56 - France

Today, at four in the morning, I was asleep with my boyfriend beside me. I started yelling at him in my sleep and broke up with him. When I woke up, he was gone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 868
You deserved it 10 246

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MermaidSongXOXO 6

If you did that in your sleep, how would you know what happened?

I picture this: *Wakes up* Oh god, I just had the most terrible, VIVID dream where I was breaking up wi- Tom? Toooooom? Hello? *Searches house* He's gone. >_> And basically she figures it out from there. I usually know when I've talked in my sleep.

Comments

YDI for sleeptalking ad not talking to him about it.

He probably just watched The Exorcist a few days ago... so you can't really blame him for running away.

maybe deep in the back of your mind you wanted to break up with him. with me at least, when I dream of something mundane like being mad at someone or doing my job it's because it's on my mind. can't tell you how many times my bf has woken me up telling me I was talking about work in my sleep.

Sometimes, people do dream about things that are actively on their minds during the day. However, dreams are often a strange blend of conscious and unconscious thought, with a nice dash of your brain basically emptying the trash for the day (dumping memories that are not being stored in either short term or long term memory). Also, figures in dreams can change rapidly, so what may have started out as her boyfriend, could have changed into another person. But the main reason that I would disagree with your original statement of the OP subconsciously wanting to break up with her boyfriend, is that she said that she did so while sleeptalking. Sleeptalking, among other sleep disturbances, leaves one in a sensitive and vulnerable state of dreaming. She may have said something, and heard her boyfriend respond to it in the waking world, thus changing the course of her dream. Sorry if I seem dramatic, but I'm unfortunately familiar with neurological somnambular disturbances. Look up hypnopompic hallucinations. I suffer from them often, and it goes hand in hand with the fact that I am almost constantly in REM when I sleep. Basically, if I am mildly roused while sleeping, I am prone to "half wake up" and experience the real world, while still hallucinating a dream. It is short lived, but intense and frightening. (FYI for anyone who this sounds familiar to, after working as an optical technician in an eye care clinic for some time, I have a theory that this is related to sleep apnea. I also have nightmares about suffocation, where I wake up gasping in terror. It's worth looking into, doctors may initially pooh-pooh you on sleep apnea if you are generally fit.) Just saying, OP might have experienced a similar disturbance.

i agree does sound terrible.. i'm sorry =

ad_astra_taurus 2

totally know what you're talking about. I have dreams constantly where it's like I'm awake, and terrible things happen that I can actually feel, but then jump awake in bed. it's a terrible feeling..and sometimes the same things happen over again for a few nights. ugh.

you Guys should have an affair on eachother with eachother.

mckkayua 0

yeah tell him what happened and if he really loves you, he'll believe you ;)

maRIAam_fml 0

oh damn that sucks, sorry to hear that, talk to him he should understand.