By Anonymous - 30/12/2013 17:20 - United States

Today, I tried to prove to my girlfriend how much I've matured and that our relationship comes before anything else in my life. So I went to delete my character in World of Warcraft. I tried to confirm it, but I couldn't, breaking down in tears instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 350
You deserved it 31 425

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's always a hard life for us video gamers. I empathize OP.

**** that! You shouldn't have to delete anything you don't want to man! If she can't accept that you play WOW or any other video game, she doesn't love you for who you are. Live your life how you want to! Not how she thinks it should be lived

Comments

_basketballgirl_ 6

Hey at least you attempted to (:

Dude I'm sorry that you love that game so much. Been there done that. Hope you feel better

Might not be the game. Depending on how long he's played, there would be emotional attachment to the character. There is more than enough research about it.

arandomusernameaa 20

That comment reminded me of the guy on youtube who caught his brother jerking off too his WoW character...

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us". Take it from a guy who lived in a different fantasy world

Knightchaser27 25

Maybe you slowly cut back the amount you play

My suggestion: date a girl who plays WoW. Problem solved! :). Destroying legions of foes is now called Date Night!

That could be even worse if they happen to be from the other faction...

Perhaps they can each start a new character (not deleting their others) and stay on the same faction. Then they could still play together. Either way, that's what I call a cool date.

Not always a good thing. Pretty sure wow ate my relationship and we both played. Gotta make sure you do more than WoW.

#130 I meant that many players associate with only one faction, and wouldn't easily change to the other faction. (For the Horde!/For the Alliance!)

#130 judging your comment below you'll understand what I mean, FOR THE HORDE! Indeed!

lkb307 21

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Dude for the love of all that is holy stop fml or stop being a douche.

NiceGuysDoWin 21

I'm not a gamer, but why would you say something like that? Everyone has hobbies, and most people have hobbies that they are emotionally involved with. I have a home design program with over 400 homes I've designed. it's just a hobby, but I'd be crushed if they all were deleted. I have friends who are photography buffs. You wouldn't expect them to burn all of their photographs. Or an artist to burn his paintings, or a writer to trash the novel he's spent 3 years writing. My business partner is a car buff. he spent the last 6 years restoring a 67 Cadillac droptop. He wouldn't sell it for $1million, let alone destroy it for no good reason. Why would anyone expect a gamer to just delete a character they spent years developing? Better yet, why would you insult him (and all gamers) for their choice of a hobby. OP: If your girlfriend is judging you for your hobbies, get a better girlfriend.

Good chance he has more time invested in "The Game" than the girl.

ThomasBombadil 31

Which one is going to still be here a couple of years from now?