By Anonymous - 30/12/2013 17:20 - United States

Today, I tried to prove to my girlfriend how much I've matured and that our relationship comes before anything else in my life. So I went to delete my character in World of Warcraft. I tried to confirm it, but I couldn't, breaking down in tears instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 350
You deserved it 31 426

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's always a hard life for us video gamers. I empathize OP.

**** that! You shouldn't have to delete anything you don't want to man! If she can't accept that you play WOW or any other video game, she doesn't love you for who you are. Live your life how you want to! Not how she thinks it should be lived

Comments

Deleting your World of Warcraft characters is like killing a part of you...don't you ever do it!

NodakN8V 25

You have more of an emotional connection to a make believe character than an actual real person. That's so sad

People can have hobbies that aren't shared by the other partner in the relationship. It's not a big deal if you play video games every so often. It is only a big deal if you're doing it every single day, or you're making excuses to play the game instead of spending time with her. As long as the video game is not your priority in life, but instead the relationship is, you're fine. Still saying YDI for breaking down in tears though, come on. None of that if you want to be the man in the relationship...

For anyone who hasn't played WoW, you spend weeks, if not months into creating a character, level him/her, and participate in countless raids to get gear, which is a process that can take weeks. When you have finally achieved all of this, you're total play time is around a month. And to delete ALL of this at a push of a button is the dilemma OP was faced with. I feel you're pain OP.

TcheQ 12

You deserve it for i) thinking that you need to impress a girl by being something you're not and ii) thinking that you'll suddenly be more "mature"

Don't do something so drastic as deleting your character, just cancel your account. That way, if you ever break up or something, you can always go back. Of course a friend of mine has deleted his characters a couple times and Blizzard always gets them back for him. She shouldn't expect you to give up something you've put so much time and energy into.

I met my husband on WoW and we've been playing together ever since. Maybe you should find someone with your interests or at least someone who let's you have yours.

What are your stats? I mean, seriously, if you've spent a lot of time getting achievements, this could be a seriously castrating thing she's doing, you know? (I've long since given up on my gamer husband, and just roll my eyes whenever he refers to me as wife aggro. I'm fully capable of mounting a blue balls counter-attack.)

I don't think I will ever delete my toon on WoW