By Anonymous - 30/12/2013 17:20 - United States

Today, I tried to prove to my girlfriend how much I've matured and that our relationship comes before anything else in my life. So I went to delete my character in World of Warcraft. I tried to confirm it, but I couldn't, breaking down in tears instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 350
You deserved it 31 426

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's always a hard life for us video gamers. I empathize OP.

**** that! You shouldn't have to delete anything you don't want to man! If she can't accept that you play WOW or any other video game, she doesn't love you for who you are. Live your life how you want to! Not how she thinks it should be lived

Comments

vrock01 2

i know ur pain i also play wow but so does my gf so yea lol

I had the same problem with my (now ex) boyfriend. He claimed that 'it was cute at first' but then made him realise I was too much of a 'loser for him'. Glad I dodged that bullet.

A videogame should not come before your girlfriend we all need a stress reliever. However attempting to make you delete your account doesn't sound like a fail l fair deal to me, nor does it prove maturity. I personally would bail on someone forcing me to give up my games with the idea it's immature, it's a stress reliever just like any other.

Maturity is about control; if you delete your characters, it doesn't prove anything. It's better if you can show that you have control over it and not the other way around. So keep your characters, but show that she comes first. That way you can have both.

SwtCherryPie 26

**** that. I quit WoW a few months ago but would never delete my main. I spent a LOT of time on that character. Unsubscribing is just as effective without the loss in case you decide to go back and play again someday.

If you were only deleting your character, you could easily ask a GM to restore it for you whenever you like and they will. If you were to delete it, it wouldn't be lost to the void forever, so there's no need to cry over it.

Both my boyfriend and I are gamers and I play a bit of world of warcraft myself. its addicting. why dont you try to include her in your gaming. set up a char for her.. she might enjoy it.

While it's a good idea, not everyone is open for that. I'd know, as I've tried with my boyfriend multiple times... Simply the reputation of WoW as being this extremely addicting, life destroying game (as it has happened to SOME), makes him refuse to even try it, even though he doesn't think it would happen to him (he just doesn't want to be associated with it).

Why try to change so dramatically for another person? Maybe tone it down a bit, because a full addiction can interfere with actual life, but no reason to completely give up something that makes you happy.

cwbygmer 2

you know I never understood why women or men would want someone to give up something that makes them happy. I've been playing video games for over 30 years, am in the gaming industry and have a gaming degree so yeah no brainer for me I would keep the WoW character and if she cant get over it then might be time to look for another girlfriend might I suggest at comic con I'm sure you would find one there that would love to play WoW with you.