By Anonymous - 29/12/2010 05:20 - United States

Today, I realized that I'll have to explain to my child that mommy and daddy met on World of Warcraft. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 181
You deserved it 53 770

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that's kind of cute? nerdy, yeah. but not terrible.

so what? that's better than having to tell them you met in a bar. me and my fiancé met on wow purely by accident. if you find the person right for you who gives a shit how you met. what is important is that you met. if you're ashamed than that's your problem and you need to figure out why you care what other people think. if you are happy that is what is important. I wouldn't change a thing about me and my fiance's relationship because he is the love of my life.

Comments

cooldukenukem 2

How the he'll is this an fml and why do you even need to tell your child right now? My girlfriend an I didn't meet on WoW but we play together and so does my sister and her husband. I'm sorry but I just don't see the fml here.

I don't see why this is an FML either. i met my Fiancé on wow three years ago. we hardly ever argue, we have an awsome relationship, also when we game :) there is 12 million players world wide, it is more then normal. stop whining :)

whenever I think of wow I think of either fat people or people who are so addicted that they forget to eat and are therefore skinny

TheDrifter 23

I'm still trying to get over the fact that not only did a wow addict get laid, he found a geekette to have his offspring. That gives even me hope.

KingDingALing 9

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

to meet over a dating site would be even more emberresing, thats when your desperate.

OMG WOW IS NOT NORMAL ITS FOR NERDS WITH NO SEX LIFE THAT IS A HUGE FML

I play wow and i get plentæy with my Boyfriend? i also lnow a lot of my Wow friends get their part with their Partners, acturally i don't know any who play wow who dosent get any bed action, and i know quite a lot... Lol.

rallets 22

im playing WOW and having sex right now at the same time AND IT FELT SO GOOD!!!

Me_iz_a_Bboy 0
Beebow_fml 5

It's not WoW, it's the people that don't know when to stop playing

Reyo 2

First off...seriously? I thought you lot weren't supposed to breed, let alone with each other. Secondly......lie?

elizzcbs13 0

haha love this fml. I play wow, and love it. but I have a boyfriend that I met in high school. whatever makes you happy. at least you have 1 thing in common. p.s. there is such a thing as hot gamers...nerds, whatever.

There is no hiding that this is sad and don't make up stories of bed action.

rofflewaffle 9

I think it's sweet. I actually met my boyfriend on 4chan /b/, and now I've lived with him for two years (and then got him to play WoW with me). It's at least a better story than meeting at a random party or a bar. Some people may judge you, but if you're both happy then who cares? :)

daaron 3

that goes to show you never stop looking for love because you never know where it might just find you lol but World of Warcraft really wow lol I just got one question are you kids playing it or are they when they get older LMAO fyl

Lemonkiss 0

Lol me and my boyfriend play wow XD I still remember to eat (I'm still in good shape because I excercise and am not a couch potato) but he does forget to eat lol.

dragon0000 7

I know some one who's done that too and they've been to gather for like now 10 years I think

dedd4 0

um, do you like pay him gold to get laid? cause that's a good instigation for buying a membership ;)

Thats the same thing as meeting on WoW or xbox. I think it's safe to call this one a fail.

I_really_do_care 0
xshadyshadow 0

82 - Pocahontas was NATIVE AMERICAN. She COULD just be fascinated by her. FML names don't usually mean a thing and are usually random, you know.

Hi_Itz_Me 0

#129, stfu. One, because it was obviously a joke. And two, no one wants to hear what you have to say.

it's cuz she's black and female huh? Anyways op, u shouldn't play WoW, u should be in the kitchen making ur husband sammiches.

Darling, there's nothing wrong with that.

KyleIsSoFine 0

Darling, I ******* love your hairstyle :D Btw, fyl op.

Sun_Kissed18 25

I agree, there isn't anything wrong with it but it is awkward to explain haha. I hate explaining how I met some of my friends who I actually met on wow "Oh uhm... mutal friend who moved. you don't know them." awkward, but then I just say from WoW and they give me a look :P you get used to it

I'm an asshole on WoW so I can't really do shit like this...

is that where the nerd babies keep coming from?

so what? that's better than having to tell them you met in a bar. me and my fiancé met on wow purely by accident. if you find the person right for you who gives a shit how you met. what is important is that you met. if you're ashamed than that's your problem and you need to figure out why you care what other people think. if you are happy that is what is important. I wouldn't change a thing about me and my fiance's relationship because he is the love of my life.

Dude, interpunction? Try it! Also try capitals! OP, isn't it the same as internet dating? And the love is what counts! ;)

hpfan777 0

ok, I don't mean to be an ass or anything, but I'm not even sure 'interpunction' is a word.... Maybe punctuation?

MonetVousAime 0

Interpunction IS a word. It simply means: The insertion of points between words or sentences. So yes, she means punctuation. :)

#7 the real question here is, are u fat?

My fiancé and i also met on wow, and we are not ashamed about it ^^ and not all wow gamers are fat, im not and if you look at the videos from Blizzcon, there are hot thin gaming babes dressed sexy as their wow characters, i know a Lot of hot wow gaming babes!

no I'm not fat and neither is my fiancé. lots of "normal" people play wow and not everyone is addicted.

"purely by accident" Are you sure you didnt talk about meeting BEFORE you met? Obviously it was by accident.

boatkicker 4

Someone else could have introduced them, and then it wouldn't be purely by accident.

By accident meaning we weren't using the game to find a date or to hit on people like some do. Neither of us were "looking", it just happened.

valdancer99 0
hohohomuryy 0

Yeah but at least if your at a bar, your being somewhat productive, your not sitting at home on the computerplaying a game. And plus, how so you all know these people that you meet aren't like, ****** up old men with no teeth? o.0

TheDrifter 23

My last girlfriend and I met on WoW. We were in the same guild and use ventrilo to communicate during raids and such. You can tell a lot about people from their voice. Long story short, she lived about fifteen hours away, but along my regular delivery route, so we met for coffee one day and things went from there.

that's so cool though :D you should tell him straight up though, just so he knows!

Did you start off slowly and go on raids together whilst flirting using the "whisper" command, or did he just immediately teabag you in a PvP? FML, I don't even own the game, yet I know this much of it's vocabulary. :(

I don't think you 'teabag' in WoW, darling. At least, not to my knowledge...

yes you do push the key "x" repeatedly and you will teabag

Huh...it certainly doesn't feel like that sort of feature belongs in such an environment.

Pressing the "X" key makes your character sit down if standing, and stand up if sitting.

Convince your child that WoW was once extremely popular.

cooldukenukem 2

Lol it still is. The only game that might be more popular than it right now is farmville.

the majority of people would make fun of u for playing wow

And obviously the majority of everyone on here doesn't care

actually dude wow is more popular and it gets more and more popular every year

32 - FARMVILLE?! Oh for crying out loud... seriously, play Harvest Moon, its a lot more fun.

lol hate to say it but yeah wow has like 11 million players..

COD is so much better, if my parents met on there I'd be so happy!

You can't compare games like CoD and WoW because they are very different types of games and apeal to different audiences. WoW is the most popular MMORPG whilst CoD is the most popular FPS. personally I love bouth.