By Anonymous - 30/12/2013 17:20 - United States

Today, I tried to prove to my girlfriend how much I've matured and that our relationship comes before anything else in my life. So I went to delete my character in World of Warcraft. I tried to confirm it, but I couldn't, breaking down in tears instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 350
You deserved it 31 426

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's always a hard life for us video gamers. I empathize OP.

**** that! You shouldn't have to delete anything you don't want to man! If she can't accept that you play WOW or any other video game, she doesn't love you for who you are. Live your life how you want to! Not how she thinks it should be lived

Comments

You shouldn't have to delete your toon for a girl. If she isn't satisfied by the simple act of canceling the account (by just stopping your pay subscription) then deleting your character isn't likely to work either. I've personally spent years playing, since BC, and my husband and I played together all the time. I quit because it got too be too much work to raid and keep up with dailies and side stuff but he still plays and we're perfectly happy. Sorry it was so hard for you, but glad you didn't permanently delete such hard work and dedication.

YDI for thinking you have to get rid of everything else you love in order to put her first.

Hey, my boyfriend plays Pokémon all the time, WoW is ******* awesome. If she can't let you geek around with something you enjoy because she thinks it's immature, then let her think that, don't let her change you. If you like playing WoW, she should'nt make you stop, and you shouldn't stop because you want to make her feel better. Stop if YOU want to, otherwise you'll seriously regret it!

Anthony52_fml 9

you may want to go outside more buddy!

honestlt I feel as tho if you cannot give up a game for a girl you "love" you dont truly love her.. I would give up everything even the clothes of my back for my girlfriend. . and if you cant do that for each othe you dont truly love each other..

squideth 18

You don't understand love at all, then, kiddo. Love is never about giving up everything for the other person. Love is about respect and compromise and working together but also having separate hobbies.

caysters 12

No woman is worth that!!! Take it from me... I'm a wow playin woman... Haha. My boyfriend would never make me give up wow, and I would never make him give up his xbox.

Just take some time off for now. They just announced the new expansion. Rejoin when that happens. No need to delete your characters. I haven't played for years, but I wouldn't delete my characters, in case I would want to pick it back up again.

Your girlfriend should accept you for who you are. No need to delete something you probably worked hard on and put many hours into. Just make more time for her and less for the game if it's bugging her. Never, ever change who you are though!