By Anonymous - 30/12/2013 17:20 - United States

Today, I tried to prove to my girlfriend how much I've matured and that our relationship comes before anything else in my life. So I went to delete my character in World of Warcraft. I tried to confirm it, but I couldn't, breaking down in tears instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 350
You deserved it 31 426

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's always a hard life for us video gamers. I empathize OP.

**** that! You shouldn't have to delete anything you don't want to man! If she can't accept that you play WOW or any other video game, she doesn't love you for who you are. Live your life how you want to! Not how she thinks it should be lived

Comments

skyeyez9 24

You dont have to give up gaming entirely to be mature. Just play in moderation.

Dom_Olivares 12

As long as you don't play too much or if it doesn't get in the way of your relationship then I don't see the problem with you keeping it.

frizz101 22

OP if your girlfriend can't accept you playing WoW the relationship will never work out! Compromise with her, turn off your account for a month or even two, you don't have to delete your character.

You don't have to completely erase the character from your life to prove anything, and you shouldn't expect yourself to do so - unless you feel you cannot control yourself from doing whatever it is that's affecting your relationship without deleting your character and permanently making it inaccessible. If you don't feel completely incapable of controlling yourself, just allow yourself to stop spending time on it, and perhaps end some relationships that you may devote too much time to in WoW. You've probably built up a lot of time, experience, and memories on it, and it's not surprising that you wouldn't be able to completely erase that from your life. I would hope that if you truly care about your girlfriend, you'll stop caring so much about what goes on in that game, and prioritize time spent with her and your devotion to her over playing the game. The emphasis is on her coming BEFORE anything else in your life (if that is what you desire), not her being the ONLY thing in your life. I've done the life inside of MMORPGs too; just don't let it take over yourself. If you do need or want to continue playing at all in the future, find ways for her to be involved in the WoW fun also.

Hey man it's not neccesary to delete em, just kill your account. They'll still be there if you ever need them back

Dont worry! You shouldnt have to delete it unless you're playing 24/7. Id ever make a boy I date quit a video game completely, id ask him to lay off a bit if he was doing it every waking and breathing moment. But I suppose its also because I game.

My bf and I play wow together. Ask her to try it. As a couple she should learn to do things you like, and you learn to do things she likes. That way you both befit from the learning experiance and the time together.

For the amount of money you pay for that why would you do THAT to show your maturity?