By younggrammy - 20/08/2009 20:15 - United States

Spicy
Today, my 14 year old daughter told me she's pregnant. I work as a public speaker for promoting celibacy and safe sex. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 214
You deserved it 45 460

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Im guessing your daughter never came to one of these speakings right?

dspadres 0

I didn't know Sarah Palin visited FML! Awesome.

Comments

yappyJAP 0

Sounds like you should have spent less time talking to strangers for money and more time talking to your kid for free..for free, and for peace of mind.

YDI for sending a mixed message to your daughter (should I have no sex or safe sex or no safe sex? it's all so confusing, let's just do it). FYL for her (and her kid).

God, these kids, 14 years en already getting laid? god, Im getting Old! haha

That's kind of sad. Tell her to go to www.lemonparty.org or www.kidsinthesandbox.net and see if that helps.

Did you teach her to use birth control or did you just tell her not to have sex? If the latter is the case, congratulations, you're dumb!

WHAT THE HELL?! SHES 14!!! NOT EVEN LEGAL!! WHAT WHAT WHAT?!

AntiChrist7 0

probably too busy annoying kids with "saving yourself for marriage" (and then get a divorce because the sex sucks) to notice that your own daughter is a stupid ****. YDI

STOP YELLING! IT IS LEGAL IN MOST STATES UNLESS SHE WAS ******* A 12 YEAR OLD OR SOMEONE OLDER THAN 17 OR 16. ALSO , IT HAPPENS OFTEN ENOUGH WHERE IS SHOULDN'T SURPRISE YOU!

it really bothers me how people are saying, "ydi cause your daughters a *****." & "your daughters stupid cause she wasn't safe." really now ? so i guess it's completely ridiculous for me to suggest that the 14 year old girl has perhaps had only one boyfriend, they'd been dating for quite awhile, & decided to have sex for the first time, & the condom broke ? no, you're right, that could never ever happen.* let's just assume she's a dumbass ***** !* * if you don't understand sarcasm, i pity you.

I know what you mean but cmon!! 14!?! That's really disgusting. op's daughter deserves it for having sex in the first place. It pains me to think her boyfriend is like 16-17.

Nothing wrong with a 16 year old and a 14 year old. 17 is pushing it. But, why are you so sure he was older than her? There are 13 year olds that got girls pregnent.

redhead1234 0

Thank you so much, #261! After reading all these, I was thinking the same thing. Who's not to say that this girl was in a long-term committed relationship with a fellow 14 year old guy? Who's not to say that after being together for, say, 1 or 2 years these kids decided to take that next step, SAFELY, as in with a condom and birth control, but the condom either broke or they were the the unlucky 1 or 2% that either the pill or condom didn't work for? All of you saying she's a **** are just being ignorant, because you don't know all the facts in this scenario. And those of you thinking what I said is ridiculous, it's not. I know a couple that was together for a year and a half who, in EIGHTH grade (age 14), decided to have sex. The girl is the farthest thing from a **** and doesn't look like one. So saying this girl is a **** just for having sex at 14 is the ridiculous thing. Of course if she had sex with more than one guy, that's a different story . . . Anyway, since I'm rambling, my point is don't call the girl a **** if you don't have the whole backstory.

redhead1234 0

Oh, just as an afterthought, who can say OP didn't talk to her daughter? This goes right back to maybe the daughter was just in the unlucky 1 or 2% or maybe the condom broke. In any case, good luck with whatever decision you make to OP and daughter.

Well, I would think she wouldn't make the FML if her daughter had done it safely and got unlucky, since she promotes safe sex too. Even with her promotion of abstinence (which I am pretty sure is what she meant). Otherwise, she probably wouldn't have mentioned the "safe sex" part ("Today, my young daughter is pregnant. I promote abstinence.") because then it wouldn't be as ironic and, of course, misleading if she did include it and her daughter was really just unlucky.

babyzombie 0

YDI for preaching so about safe sex to your child that you pushed her the other way if you force something on a kid too much they'll rebel also i don't think you post something this personal on a website to make people laugh :/ and as for everyone saying she's a **** i got pregnant at 15 and i'm definately not a ***** i hope it works out