Bad boy!

By Anonymous - 12/04/2009 02:39 - United States

Today, I dog-sat for my neighbors' pitbull. Weighing in at 100 pounds with a nasty bite, this dog is no lap dog, but I treated it as one - not knowing how deadly this dog could be - beckoning it towards me with my hand. I now have 6 stitches in my hand and arm, and the neighbors didn't pay me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 250
You deserved it 17 903

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KwitIt 0

You've got to be kidding me. They're not even paying your doctor's bills? If my dog bit someone, I'd bend over backwards to help that someone so that they wouldn't get my dog put to sleep. What jerks you have for neighbors!

SpunkT 0

#2. Not all pitbulls are vicious. Most people would assume a family pet is friendly. The neighbors should have warned that their dog is mean. A good owner will socialize the dog so that it's not afraid of strangers. And if you know your dog doesn't like certain things, like people motioning it to come over, you tell them. You should sue. Dogs that bite people get put down.

Comments

_Wonderwall__fml 0

Pitbulls are the sweetest dogs alive. You're obviously a dumbass.

_Wonderwall__fml 0

Pitbulls are the sweetest dogs alive. You're obviously a dumbass.

You can sue them, and call animal control on them. Seriously.

perfectwinds 0

#42, I think YOU should be put down. Yes, SOME Pit Bulls are raised to be vicious which is how they got their rep. Then again, I got attacked by a Poodle when I was little. It's about how a dog is raised and how they are bred. I would give anything to have a Doberman PInscher right now and we all know they have the same rep as a Pit Bull. Pit Bulls can be the most AMAZING pets out there if they're raised right. Same can be said about cats, too. And birds. Every family pet Pit I've ever met has been so sweet and loving, it's all about their surroundings. The people saying Pit Bulls are vicious dogs don't know JACK about dog breeding or about dogs in general. YOU should have a muzzle put on YOU! This dog was probably not raised right if he just attacked you for calling him over. Unless there's something you're not telling us, OP. Not many dogs would react that way, certainly not a family pet.

deabruzo 0

first thing's first, and I don't care how many people have said it already: PITBULLS ARE VERY FRIENDLY BY NATURE!!! They are much warmer to people than, say, dalmatians. The difference is if one has been trained to be nasty. Second, the family should be held responsible for your injuries. I'd suggest you discuss that with a lawyer. If they let you dog sit, then they should have warned you this was a possibility, otherwise, I think it's a natural assumption that the dog would be OK to call over and pet. Unless you antagonized it somehow. Then it's a YDI all the way. Blame the dog, don't blame the breed.

TeaPirate 0

Saying that all dogs that bite when they feel threatened should be put down is like saying that all women who slap men out of self defense should be put down.

No, #67, do not blame the dog. Blame either the owners or the person antagonizing the dog.

yourafuckup 0

Ohhhh no, the pit bull debates. OP shouldn't have specified the dog... but then there would be comments saying I BET IT WAS A PIT BULL and the debates would have happened anyway, probably. When I was six I had to get stitches in my stomach because a dog ripped it open, he gnawed on my head as well - thumbs up for having a skull to save me. Now I have a bitchin' scar, but the incident itself wasn't that bitchin. And that dog wasn't even a pit bull - it was a ******* COLLIE. A "nice family dog." You never know what to expect, so of course the OP didn't deserve it, and the dog owners should pay him, especially if it was in a country where you'd have to pay for your medical expenses (I've never lived in one... so that would suck.) My dad threatened to shoot the dog that bit me if the owners didn't put it down themselves, so all's well that ends well =)