Bad boy!

By Anonymous - 12/04/2009 02:39 - United States

Today, I dog-sat for my neighbors' pitbull. Weighing in at 100 pounds with a nasty bite, this dog is no lap dog, but I treated it as one - not knowing how deadly this dog could be - beckoning it towards me with my hand. I now have 6 stitches in my hand and arm, and the neighbors didn't pay me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 250
You deserved it 17 903

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KwitIt 0

You've got to be kidding me. They're not even paying your doctor's bills? If my dog bit someone, I'd bend over backwards to help that someone so that they wouldn't get my dog put to sleep. What jerks you have for neighbors!

SpunkT 0

#2. Not all pitbulls are vicious. Most people would assume a family pet is friendly. The neighbors should have warned that their dog is mean. A good owner will socialize the dog so that it's not afraid of strangers. And if you know your dog doesn't like certain things, like people motioning it to come over, you tell them. You should sue. Dogs that bite people get put down.

Comments

wotchersarah 0

Wtf? Pit bulls are only mean if they've been trained to be that way the same with EVERY OTHER breed of dog. Pit bulls are not vicious by nature, it is people who make them vicious. You deserve it because the dog was in defense mode and you did something that made it want to defend itself. Every dog is going to attack if it feels that it is in danger. My cousin has pit bulls and they are the sweetest animals ever. She also has young children and they are completely fine around the dogs.

They'll pay you when you threaten to sue them and have their dog taken away

you can sue, but its not the fact that it was a pitbull. pitbulls can be some of the nicest and harmless dogs

I had to join fml just to comment on this one. Pitbulls: can be extremely friendly... until they're not. It's always the woman who has had her pit for 10 years with no problems who gets her face ripped off one day. Pits are unpredictable because they have been bred for so many years as fighters and not lovers. The reason pits are so dangerous is because when they do bite they lock their jaws and the only way to get them to let go is basically to kill them. They are unfortunately a beautiful and dangerous breed. #24, pitbulls can indeed get up to 100 lbs. or more... I've seen it. Oh yeah, OP: Neighbors are assholes for not paying for your med bills or for the dog-sitting. Sue the shit out of them and never talk to them again. FYL.

I also had to join fml just to reply to your rediculous comment. You idiot. Try google. Pitbulls CAN NOT lock their jaws. Just like any other dog. Don't post things as facts if you're too stupid to at least verify it first. Pitbulls want nothing more than to please their owner. All it takes is a responsible one.

It's been said but is worth repeating: ANY dog can be vicious. You always have to watch yourself if the dog is unfamiliar to you. Never assume it's bad/good/friendly/dangerous. Just an hour or so of watching them can usually give you an inkling either way. I don't think all dogs that do harm should be put down, but I do think their owners should cough up for medical expenses incurred, regardless of any blame gaming - 'their dog, their responsibility' kinda deal. And in your case, not only medical expenses, but payment in general - you were doing them a service with the expectation of payment, were you not? But seriously... If you knew the thing wasn't a lap dog but you treated it as one... Wasn't exactly a genius move, you know? FYL, definitely, but... well, let's just say there is a 'but' in there somewhere. It's not a total YDI, though, because accidents happen and no one 'deserves' to get bitten (well, actually, now that I think about it...).

I don't know if anyone will read this, but I'd like to clear something up. American Pit Bull Terriers score higher than golden retrievers on the temperament tests. All bully breeds need strict training and lots of socialization and experienced owners. I have a Pit mix and she acts as a therapy dog for a boy with autism. All dogs need training and consistency. Owners should never have a stranger sit for their dog. And the fact this person just has a "stichable wound" shows the dog was just trying to communicate fear, if the dog was attacking you would have more severe wounds. On another note, Pit bulls jaws do not actually lock. They just have very powerful jaws. If you would really like to educate yourself about this breed you can go to sites like the following: http://www.realpitbull.com/myths.html http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americanpitbull.htm Educate yourself about breeds. APBT get a bad rap, but they are loyal pets, and it's about the training and socialization more than it is about anything else.

You should sue, but before you take any legal action you should find out how to save your self hunderds or even thousands of dollars on legal fees, first by checking out this web site. greatcareerplan.com/?stev22 That should be a great help for you

average_girl 0

if some bitch can sue mcdonalds 4 making the coffee too hot than damn right you should sue those people! i mean 6 stitches...!

TigerPride 0

its sad that no one wants to take responsibility for their own actions, if you are dealing with a strange animal you never assume anything. Especially with Pits, they are a very unpredictable breed. I have worked with many animals and never assume a dog will not bite you. And as far as suing them, this was an accident, i agree the basic medical should be covered, but the fact that everyone's reaction is to sue. This is sad.