Bad boy!

By Anonymous - 12/04/2009 02:39 - United States

Today, I dog-sat for my neighbors' pitbull. Weighing in at 100 pounds with a nasty bite, this dog is no lap dog, but I treated it as one - not knowing how deadly this dog could be - beckoning it towards me with my hand. I now have 6 stitches in my hand and arm, and the neighbors didn't pay me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 250
You deserved it 17 903

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KwitIt 0

You've got to be kidding me. They're not even paying your doctor's bills? If my dog bit someone, I'd bend over backwards to help that someone so that they wouldn't get my dog put to sleep. What jerks you have for neighbors!

SpunkT 0

#2. Not all pitbulls are vicious. Most people would assume a family pet is friendly. The neighbors should have warned that their dog is mean. A good owner will socialize the dog so that it's not afraid of strangers. And if you know your dog doesn't like certain things, like people motioning it to come over, you tell them. You should sue. Dogs that bite people get put down.

Comments

That is a dangerous animal and clearly needs to be put down. Also, sue your neighbours.

xjordanxjadedx 0

#11- some dogs ARE handled like that, not all dogs bite. seriously. and i think you have zero right to call anybody stupid until you learn how to spell COMMON KNOWLEDGE - not commen knowlage

#39 - That's proof of how uneducated people are about Pit Bulls and how stupid people would rather believe the hype rather than educate themselves on the facts. APBT absolutely do NOT make up 50% of dog bites in the country. Although there are no accurate or even near accurate census records for dogs in the U.S., in some populations pit bulls are estimated to comprise some 30-40% of the dog population, making it a very popular breed. Considering that there were an estimated 53,000,000 dogs in the U.S., and assuming that pit bulls make up 10% of that population, there would be approximately 5.3 million pit bulls in our society. In 2000, 13 pit bulls were involved in 8 fatal attacks. That is roughly ONE dog out of 204,000 - or .000385 percent of the pit bull population. A couple other fun facts for those of you who believe that all pits are dangerous: Approximately 150 people are killed every year by falling coconuts. Therefore, you are more than 60 TIMES MORE LIKELY to be killed by a PALM TREE than a pit bull. It is estimated that about 500 deaths per year are caused by aspirin. You are more than 200 times more likely to die from taking aspirin than from a pit bull attack. Educate yourself: http://www.UnitedAgainstBSL.org

"Sue them and get that dog put to sleep." LMAO the idiot American way. First of all, it could've been OPs fault, treating a PIT BULL like some lapdog chihuahua or even a golden retriever is not ok. It's a PIT BULL. If you're going to look after a dog you don't know anything about, how about ACTUALLY LOOKING SOME INFO BEFORE SAYING YES? Pit Bull type dogs have been used in hunting and working dogs, they aren't there trying to please you (i.e. golden retriever, collie, etc. "kind" breeds) but waiting you to give them orders and you to be a leader they can depend on. If you start baby talking etc. bullshit, you bring the spotlight to the dog, and it gets confused. He doesn't trust you, doesn't like you, which makes him see himself above you. Then again it could've been the owners fault too, if they have no idea how to handle a dog like that. Even the 'difficult' breeds can make, and will make, very good pets, but they need a _REALLY_ good trainer. Don't put the dog to sleep, it's not his fault. Give him to someone who can actually handle him.

TryToBeKind 0

If you're injured in their home/on their property, they ougtht to have insurance of some sort. They absolutely should pay for the injury/lost time off work (or other activities such as school), and for dog-sitting itself. And they should have warned you/given you 'what to do' tactics. I tell babysitters what I would do/what to expect. Same deal as far as I'm concerned.

It honestly disgusts me that people are suggesting you put the dog down. If the OP did not have the common animal sense to be wary around someone elses dog, especially a pitbull, then they deserve it for sure. It was the dogs natural reaction to a stranger attempting to "treat it like a lapdog." If you didn't know enough about the dog to properly look after it without causing an attack then you shouldn't have offered to dogsit. Yes, the neighbours could have offered to pay for the stitches, but it is in no doubt your own fault for being stupid and reckless. This dog should not get the blame and should DEFINATELY not be put down.

You're a ******* idiot, as are 3/4 of the posters here. There is absolutely no genetic difference in Pitbulls making them any more or less aggressive than any other dog in the world. I have both a Pitt and an Australian Shepherd and they are both equally as kind and loving. Everyone saying that it bit him because it is a "dangerous breed" needs to run and hide, or the big bad wolf might get them. Quit propagating ridiculous stupidity, or Santa Clause won't love you anymore. No dog is going to attack you if you did not do anything to trigger aggression. Learn how to approach, animals, or you will absolutely deserve every bite that you inevitably experience. They neighbors should not pay your bills. They obviously know that their dog is not typically aggressive. They shouldn't be made responsible for your stupidity, nor should the dog.

pitbulls can't get to be 100 lbs. not possible.

ohhhhshizzz 0

My brother had a baby pitbull, sweetest thing. And Im terrified of dogs but I really loved that one. So not all pitbulls are "dangerous" they just aren't raised right. Just like all girls aren't born ******, or guys players they learn it. The dog wasn't trained right. I'd sue the hell out of them, then use the money to move away.