Bad boy!

By Anonymous - 12/04/2009 02:39 - United States

Today, I dog-sat for my neighbors' pitbull. Weighing in at 100 pounds with a nasty bite, this dog is no lap dog, but I treated it as one - not knowing how deadly this dog could be - beckoning it towards me with my hand. I now have 6 stitches in my hand and arm, and the neighbors didn't pay me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 250
You deserved it 17 903

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KwitIt 0

You've got to be kidding me. They're not even paying your doctor's bills? If my dog bit someone, I'd bend over backwards to help that someone so that they wouldn't get my dog put to sleep. What jerks you have for neighbors!

SpunkT 0

#2. Not all pitbulls are vicious. Most people would assume a family pet is friendly. The neighbors should have warned that their dog is mean. A good owner will socialize the dog so that it's not afraid of strangers. And if you know your dog doesn't like certain things, like people motioning it to come over, you tell them. You should sue. Dogs that bite people get put down.

Comments

DeeJayD 0

Sue them and report the dog to animal control. Maybe they'll lose a ton of money, and their psychotic shit of a dog. Serve them right.

#71, Alls well that ends well? You make me sick. Every time a someone gets defensive and punches someone they should be killed. Every time a man gets an erection because they see something that excites them they should be killed. Every time someone someone gets frustrated and curses they should be killed. Its a natural response for the dog to be defensive when you trigger defensive behavior. Educate yourself and everyone can avoid pain and undeserved deaths.

Any dog can be vicious, it doesn't matter what breed it is. I'd be more nervous around a Dalmation or a Standard Poodle then a Pitbull. Your neighbours are idiots though for asking you to dogsit if they knew their dog had a mean streak or was uncomfortable with strangers. And it's not like the person smothered the dog with affection or anything, they put their hand out, beckoning it over. I would talk to your neighbours and if they refuse to compensate you tell them you're going to call animal control and a lawyer just to scare them. If they still refuse to pay for your medical bills actually call them. I really hope there are not a lot of small children in your neighbourhood and I REALLY hope that dog never gets loose. I can only imagine what kind of damage that dog could do to a small child. Just curious though to all the people commenting on this. Why is the OP an idiot? Because they tried to pat a dog? A dog that their neighbours asked them to care for? Most dogs don't react so violently to such a simple thing. And from the little information we have on the attack it's doesn't sound as though the OP provoked it in any way. Before leaving the neighbours should of had the OP over so their dog could get use to them in their environment. Maybe this dog has attacked people before. Or maybe this is a first time. Who know, we don't have enough information. But something needs to be done before it happens again.

For the most part, pitbulls = vicious. You should have known not to put your arm out there unless you personally knew the dog. YDI.

Uhh, yeah. I'd call the police if they're refusing to pay your medical bills. Then call the ASPCA and have their dog put down because that's ****** UP.

You should go to their house and demand they pay your medical bills. They have no right to refuse.

#33 and #36 are right, I got bit by a golden retriever, even though those are supposed to be friendly and sht.

jdkfgkjdfb 0

DON'T BE HATING ON PIT BULLS! My neighbor has 2 and they're really nice!!! It's not their fault some people torture them, and that's not ALL pit bulls!