Bad boy!

By Anonymous - 12/04/2009 02:39 - United States

Today, I dog-sat for my neighbors' pitbull. Weighing in at 100 pounds with a nasty bite, this dog is no lap dog, but I treated it as one - not knowing how deadly this dog could be - beckoning it towards me with my hand. I now have 6 stitches in my hand and arm, and the neighbors didn't pay me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 250
You deserved it 17 903

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KwitIt 0

You've got to be kidding me. They're not even paying your doctor's bills? If my dog bit someone, I'd bend over backwards to help that someone so that they wouldn't get my dog put to sleep. What jerks you have for neighbors!

SpunkT 0

#2. Not all pitbulls are vicious. Most people would assume a family pet is friendly. The neighbors should have warned that their dog is mean. A good owner will socialize the dog so that it's not afraid of strangers. And if you know your dog doesn't like certain things, like people motioning it to come over, you tell them. You should sue. Dogs that bite people get put down.

Comments

I have a pit bull, and she would never bite ANYONE. She was beaten before we got her, and she still isn't vicious. A family dog, especially one that you ask someone to watch, shouldn't bite anyone. You need to sue them, and that dog needs to be put down. It could bite a child next.

ziggy123 0

#29 pit bulls are not trouble. They can be the sweetest most loyal dogs when taken care of and trained right. ANY dog can be "trouble" if not properly taken care of or socialized, not just pit bulls. There are situations like this that happen with german shepherds, retrievers, and other breeds but we really only hear about pit bulls because somewhere along the line they got a bad rep! To the OP, this does suck, but usually you can tell when a dog is not feeling so friendly...sooo yeah I'm guessing you weren't being to observant of its actions, but it is up to the owners to stick around for a lil bit while their dog gets to know you to make sure its comfortable with you.

lolwhat_fml 0

I agree with number 1, you should report them to animal control. But arent pit bulls illegal now ? Well, in some parts of the world they are D:

dave311 0

# 29 not all Pitbulls are vicious, I have one and a lot of my friends have them too. Its all about how you raise them, ANY dog can be vicious if it isnt properly trained and socialized with other dogs and people.

rwarlol 0

pitbulls account for around 50% of dog attack on humans in the states. anyways you can probably sue them

_mcs_ 0

They really should be paying for your medical bills. It was their dog, and I don't imagine you did anything cruel to provoke it.

In any case, sue. In America, dog owners are 100% responsible for that dog (even when someone else is dogsitting) and legally required to make sure it doesn't hurt another human. Never mind the part about not paying you. They sound like real winners there, the kind who totally take responsibility for their pet. Some lawyers only charge you if they win a lawsuit - you should find one and have a consultation.

Shizer100 0

#24 your clearly an idiot my pit is only 10 months and he already weighs 80 lb and too all you people who say pit bulls are dangerous and should be put down and made illegal you don’t know shit it’s because of irresponsible asshole like these people who don’t train and socialize them right and pits have a higher tolerance level than most trusted breeds.

Statistically speaking, you're more likely to get bitten by a poodle than a pit-bull. There is nothing intrinsically evil or vicious about pit-bulls. The only thing that makes them "dangerous" is that their bites happen to do more damage than those of smaller breeds, not that they're more likely to bite. To the OP, go to your neighbors and ask them to pay your medical bills. If they don't, report their dog to animal control then get a lawyer and sue their asses.

Good point bro I have a ****** red spot on my face from my pitbull loicking me -.-