Bad boy!

By Anonymous - 12/04/2009 02:39 - United States

Today, I dog-sat for my neighbors' pitbull. Weighing in at 100 pounds with a nasty bite, this dog is no lap dog, but I treated it as one - not knowing how deadly this dog could be - beckoning it towards me with my hand. I now have 6 stitches in my hand and arm, and the neighbors didn't pay me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 250
You deserved it 17 903

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KwitIt 0

You've got to be kidding me. They're not even paying your doctor's bills? If my dog bit someone, I'd bend over backwards to help that someone so that they wouldn't get my dog put to sleep. What jerks you have for neighbors!

SpunkT 0

#2. Not all pitbulls are vicious. Most people would assume a family pet is friendly. The neighbors should have warned that their dog is mean. A good owner will socialize the dog so that it's not afraid of strangers. And if you know your dog doesn't like certain things, like people motioning it to come over, you tell them. You should sue. Dogs that bite people get put down.

Comments

ohjeezeee 0

im just really happy that other people understand that pit bulls aren't monsters, that they're very loving dogs. i have a 4yr old pure bred and shes only dangerous to the squirrels that run around behind my house. as for that dog biting you, it was probably not raised right, and thats why it attacked you. but your neighbors should have done something to compensate you considering its their fault their dog is mean enough to bite someone. just don't blame the dog, blame the owners

Don't blame the dog! Dogs only behave how they are raised! These owners obviously did not raise this animal properly. Had it been a lab or a beagle people would think nothing of it. Pit Bulls just happen to have a very negative and unfair reputation.

What is wrong with you people saying KIL DAWG NAO!! ? I mean really, sometimes it's the damn person's fault. Actually, most of the time it is.

#76, I don't want to be mean... but you are a moron. "for the most part pit bull= vicious" False statement. Ignorant statement. Have ever been around pit bulls? Have you ever owned one? Have you ever taken the time to do your OWN research rather than eating up what the media tells you? Try it sometime. Be smart.

you ******* . pardon my language , but i mean honestly . just because ALL pitbulls aren`t vicious , doesn`t mean that ALL aren`t . like you`ve been saying , it`s the same as any other breed . so why would this be a YDI , if all the OP`s trying to do is be friendly . confront them about not paying you , and if you`re in a country like the USA where you have to pay for medical shit , confront them about that too . if they refuse to pay either , consider suing them . i`m not at all saying that it`s because of the BREEEEED of the dog . my cousins had a golden retriever at one point . very vicious , mean dog . my grandpa had a pitbull at one point . sweetest dog i`ve ever met . so don`t blame the dog , or the OP , blame the owners for being such assholes . good luck healing . :)

honestly I work for a vet and thats something serious im not a breedest and I have nothing against the breed because practically 14 out of every 15 pitts i see are very sweet dogs. You do have the right to get the dog tested for rabies or anything or even sue the family. Just realize its very serious. Hope you get to feeling better

YDI. Pitbulls are bred to be attack dogs. They were chosen based on instinctual defense. Even if it was trained to be cuddly, by nature it will attack if it's uncertain what to do. If it does trust you, then it will be a strong companion, otherwise it will be a strong attacker. You completely deserve that.

bitca 0

To all those blaming the OP, if someone I knew asked me to watch their dog, I would also assume the dog was safe to interact with. If only for the owners own protection, they should have specified that the dog was aggressive and could possibly attack, in which case it should have been enclosed or on a leash of some sort. There's no reason to think that a family dog will attack without provocation if the owners did not warn of such.

All dogs can bite. Doesn't matter what the breed is. That being said, it's owners like that who give certain dog breeds a bad name. OP was lucky and only got six stitches. Responsible dog owners and their pits got another nail in their coffin. All thanks to a couple irresponsible idiots.

People are f*cking dumbasses. Not all pitbulls are "dangerous dogs". That being said, they should train that dog so that it doesn't bite/isn't afraid of strangers. Either way, it bit you and they didn't cover the medical expenses. I say you should sue, or call the police. :]