By Anonymous - 21/05/2009 06:21 - United States

Today, the three-year-old I was babysitting asked me where my boyfriend was. I told her he was at his house. I'm twenty and single. I lied to a three year old to make myself look less pathetic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 806
You deserved it 14 180

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you really needed to impress a three year old?

Wow, that's really sad... and what's pathetic about being 20 and single (I'm 20 and single haha).

Comments

poolshark 0

I would fire you as a babysitter if I found out you were putting such antiquated ideals in my daughter's head. Who wants their child to grow up thinking that they can't be happy living an independent life?

Please stop giving children you come into contact with the idea that they need a boyfriend to be cool. In most cases, a female is actually cooler when she's single. Don't paint the wrong picture for that 3 year old girl anymore. Tell her the truth next time. "I don't have a boyfriend because I'm smart enough not to tie myself down with a sloppy, nasty, lying, lazy, selfish, possessive, jealous boy because that's what most boys are really like sweety. You just focus on getting a degree and keeping your finances pretty, shnookums!" :p (mostly kidding about what's in those "quotes" lol)

drackattack 0

Why the hell do you think being 20 and single is pathetic??? Those are the years to have fun. If anything you are pathetic for lying to a 3 year old.

23, I think her point was that she is pathietic for lying to a 3 year old.

There is no need for you to lie to a 3 year-old--or anyone for that matter--about being 20 and single. No one should be tied down at 20. Unless of course you never date. Then okay, lying is valid.

bonafidehustler 0

At 20, most people I knew WERE single. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being single at 20. YLIF because you're so insecure that you have to lie to a 3 year old.

What's pathetic is that you think you're pathetic if you don't have a boyfriend, which may be why you don't have one. No body wants a BF or GF who doesn't have their own life. Independence is way cooler than dependence.

I don't think being 20 and single is pathetic, you just simply haven't found someone to share common things and be in relationship with, the time will come :)

Who the hell cares? I'm 20 and single. Would I like to be not single? Yes. Does it make me pathetic? No.

I'm twenty and single and I've never had a boyfriend. And you know what? I don't see anything wrong with it. I like to focus (for now at least) on more important pursuits, like school, work, my friends, my family, etc. Sure I keep my eyes open for nice guys, but it's not my number one priority. And why are you relying on other people to validate your existence? Ever hear of independence?