By Anonymous - 21/05/2009 06:21 - United States

Today, the three-year-old I was babysitting asked me where my boyfriend was. I told her he was at his house. I'm twenty and single. I lied to a three year old to make myself look less pathetic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 806
You deserved it 14 180

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you really needed to impress a three year old?

Wow, that's really sad... and what's pathetic about being 20 and single (I'm 20 and single haha).

Comments

patray_angel 0

I wouldn't say you are pathetic, because part of me can see why you would lie to a 3 year old as they are soo full of interesting questions. Although, you could have been hit with questions regardless of what your answer was. The fact that you are 20 and single does not make you pathetic at all. To those saying she is a bad babysit, how is this lie actually going to harm the child. It is not like the OP went into a rant with the kid that anyone who is 20 and single is a loser and that you have to have someone to be complete, etc..... Who knows, maybe the kid the OP was babysitting is a boy and he has a crush on her and that is why he asked....

circajess 0

Wow, thanks for fueling my quarter-life crisis by making me think it's pathetic to be 20 and single...

Being 20 and single isn't pathetic. It just means you're not a ****, and you're waiting for the right guy to date! :) I say, cheers to that!

Oh, and don't listen to #53... clearly she wants a different kind of lifestyle than you do.

what is with people obsessing over being single? what's pathetic is you feeling like you need a boyfriend to complete your life

I laughed my assss off at this one. Not laughing at you I just thought it was hysterical! im 22 and single and i coulnd't give a crap so don't let it get you down!

you all have to realize, though, if you told a kid that young that you were single or something you weren't proud of, then he/she will probably go blab it to someone else/their parents. that's when it's really embarrassing.

don't worry, I know exactly how you feel, I'm 16 and I was babysitting a four year old one night and she was telling me all about her little boyfriend and then when she asked me about mine I just had to make something up.

what's wrong with being single and 20? honestly...