By Anonymous - 21/05/2009 06:21 - United States

Today, the three-year-old I was babysitting asked me where my boyfriend was. I told her he was at his house. I'm twenty and single. I lied to a three year old to make myself look less pathetic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 806
You deserved it 14 180

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you really needed to impress a three year old?

Wow, that's really sad... and what's pathetic about being 20 and single (I'm 20 and single haha).

Comments

#90, how is that asking for it? Now you're just making broad generalizations about anyone who is interested in sex for the sake of sex. Or are you asexual? You've probably never been in a meaningful relationship yourself, based on your conservative and ignorant response. There, I judged just like you did.

Hey, at least the three year-old thinks you should have a boyfriend. No shame in being single.

92, i'm just saying that if you had explained right off the bat what you had been through (along with saying that you wanted to hook up with somebody) people wouldn't have judged you. I totally understand wanting to hook up with people after being in a meanigful relationship. I didn't mean to judge you. A lot of times people are just a little too vague.

kdaddy 0

are you hot? ill be your boyfriend

Yeah at #4, you could have taught the kid a lesson better than the one society's instilling in his impressionable mind... instead, you acted even more immature than he is.

the fact that you're 20 and single isn't pathetic, it's the fact that you're 20, single and seem to think it's some kind of disaster. being single doesn't make you pathetic, dwelling on it and whining does.

sounds like you have issues you can be single and proud of it, especially at 20 if you've never had a bf, good luck, hope you find someone good

What's pathetic is that you think being single at 20 is pathetic. Seriously women of the world, WTF?! Why do we think we are losers when we don't have S.O. in our lives? Men certainly don't fell that way nearly as often as women do. You can feel lonely, but you shouldn't feel pathetic. It's 2009 no one expects you to be on the road to marriage at your age!

blahdeda 0

There's nothing wrong with being 20 and single. Enjoy it!

sbarre1 0

Jesus. Big deal. Get over yourself. You shouldn't have a boyfriend at 20, you should be dating.