By Robert - 28/12/2017 01:30

Today, my girlfriend's mother invited me to her 18th birthday. She lied about her age. I have been screwing a minor for 2 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 752
You deserved it 2 086

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Probably something you should be keeping to yourself.

What if she is actually 21, and the mother is playing a practical joke, and you show up all like, "Oh my god happy 18th Birthday!" Then you would look even more hilarious. You sick ****** you.

Comments

exileonmainst 16

Is her name Lolita by any chance?

StagGT 13

age of consent is 16 in Michigan

It's still illegal if the other person is older than 18

PenguinPal3017 19

No it isn't, not unless the person is their teacher (or similar). Maybe at least try google next time. 16 is the age of consent in Michigan so long as the person is not their teacher, foster care provider, etc.

LeoCor 19

He’s right, it’s still illegal. You can have sex at 16 but it has to be with someone 16-18

PenguinPal3017 19

Where do you see that? Copy pasted: In Michigan, the age of consent is 16, and people who engage in sexual activity with children who are underage can be convicted of statutory rape (also called criminal sexual conduct).Michigan's laws also prohibit teachers from engaging in sex with students aged 16 or 17 years old.

SC it is 16. the other can be any age above 16

Probably something you should be keeping to yourself.

exileonmainst 16

I mean, does it really matter? What could possibly happen when you admit to statutory rape in front of thousands of strangers?

Yeah but 2 years is a long time to not find out.. Surely there were signs?

It may not have come up. Or something misleading happened, like he met her in a bar(fake IDs are still a thing). Or like when my British boyfriend said he was in college and I assumed he was older, when it turns out college means something else in the UK and he was actually younger.

Ricrad 11

College age in the UK can be as young as 16.

What if she is actually 21, and the mother is playing a practical joke, and you show up all like, "Oh my god happy 18th Birthday!" Then you would look even more hilarious. You sick ****** you.

Looks like the judge will have something else to rule against you

And you put this on a public forum because?

nyanara 11

You don't usually tell your mum "yeah, I'm banging that guy". The mother could have thought they were just dating without having sex

Maybe the girl also lied to her mum about OPs age. Or, maybe she thought the age/maturity difference wasn't big enough to matter.

Great, now you've got "Young Girl" by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap stuck in my head--and I HATE Gary Puckett!

Say hi to jared (the subway guy) for me :)