By Anonymous - 21/05/2009 06:21 - United States

Today, the three-year-old I was babysitting asked me where my boyfriend was. I told her he was at his house. I'm twenty and single. I lied to a three year old to make myself look less pathetic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 806
You deserved it 14 180

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you really needed to impress a three year old?

Wow, that's really sad... and what's pathetic about being 20 and single (I'm 20 and single haha).

Comments

You showed him. At least you didn't tell the truth. Knowing how crazy little kids are you would have gotten burned.

You ARE pathetic, because you see something wrong with being single. It's people like you that fuel the stereotype of obsession with getting laid.

53 - Why are you worried about personalities if you're interested in random hookups? I can't see you either a) picking a guy with a decent personality, if all you're interested in is a quick lay; or b) maybe (MAYBE, if this ever will happen) after finding a guy with a decent personality, you wouldn't last very long because you seem to know nothing of commitment.

Silly woman! Nah, you don't need to impress a three-year-old. They probably wouldn't care anyway... Or maybe they would; but they're three, so it doesn't matter as much... Which sounds bad, but... y'know...

C_Wicked27 0

Honestly, what's wrong with being single at any age? I'm 23 and I've been single for quite some time now. Being single doesn't make one pathetic; In fact, those people who jump on (pun intended) the first available person they see just for the sake of being in a relationship are much more pathetic than anyone who is single. Co-dependency is not love....

RNCftw 0

being single's not pathetic...but thinking it is then lying to a 3 year old about it, well...yeah.

stfux327 0

Wow. You feel pathetic? Girl, you're twenty! Being single at twenty doesn't make you pathetic! Just have fun, you have your whole life to find the right guy!

I would have just said I was single straight-out, but I don't really care about getting burned by a kid. #77 makes a good point there, so kudos to you if you couldn't have taken it :p

the fact that you lied to a 3 year old is pathetic, not the fact that you are single..... YDI

pancakelover 0

Don't be upset... I make up stuff like that all the time to people of all ages and I'm 24.