Big Brother is watching you

By Anonymous - 20/11/2019 03:00

Today, my boyfriend came to visit from another state. My mom didn't want me to go to his hotel, but I did. When she asked about it, I lied to her and said I didn't go. She the showed me a picture of my car outside his hotel. FML
I agree, your life sucks 976
You deserved it 2 656

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Are you an adult? Why are you lying to your mom? Yeah it wasn’t cool of her to tell you not to go and then follow you but did you really think she didn’t know the answer to that question before she asked you?

If you're of legal age, living with your parents doesn't mean they get to tell you what to do in your own time. OP's private life is her own business and her mother doesn't get to interfere in that.

Comments

You know you should never lie to your mother. Also most parents don’t ask question they don’t already know the answer to. If your boyfriend is old enough to stay in a hotel by himself, assuming your the same age then your old enough to live on your own and not have to worry about your mom saying she doesn’t want you to go to his hotel room. So if your living under your parents roof then you better fallow there rules.

If you're of legal age, living with your parents doesn't mean they get to tell you what to do in your own time. OP's private life is her own business and her mother doesn't get to interfere in that.

julfunky 29

What happens under their roof is 100% their territory. What their adult daughter does in a hotel room with her boyfriend is not.

Are you an adult? Why are you lying to your mom? Yeah it wasn’t cool of her to tell you not to go and then follow you but did you really think she didn’t know the answer to that question before she asked you?

Of course your car was parked there. The lot for the store next to the hotel was full, so you had to park in the hotel's lot to do your shopping. You're too dumb to be an effective liar.

If you're mature enough to spend the night with your boyfriend, you should be mature enough to be honest about it.

Why do you have to lie to your mother? Don’t you know by now your mother will always know everything, she asked you on purpose to catch you lying.

Most moms are usually on point regarding the people their kids date, so unless she's one of those controlling nutjobs, you might want to take her advice to heart.

Stand up to your parents when they invade your private life. Following you around isn't ok. However, that also means being straight on your activities. Lying to avoid "trouble" only invites problems. This all is assuming you're an adult. If you're a minor, your parents do get to tell you where you can't go. But following you around still would be not ok at all.

tounces7 27

Regardless of you lying, your mother is a ******* psycho.

Your age makes a huge difference in this. But either way, their house, their rules. Only exception is if you are paying all of your living expenses. When they are still feeding us, letting us leech off of utilities, and housing us for free, they kind of have final say.