By Anonymous - 30/03/2011 23:53 - United States

Today, on my 21st birthday, a relative asked me if I was still engaged to the love of my life. The man I spent several years with, gave my virginity to, moved across the country for, who promised to marry me before my 21st, and who swore he was over his ex for good. No, but thanks for asking. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 507
You deserved it 8 100

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

I'm sure your relative regretted asking you this and wished they had just asked the real question they wanted to pose in the first place: "Would you please pass the potato salad?" Single at 21? BFD! You've got about 14 good years to find a good man. If you want kids, you should get a bit panicky at around age 35 and then settle for any douchebag that can produce viable sperm.

wiggs5 0

thats sad :( but obviously wasn't meant to be! you'll find someone else! :) look at the bright side of things..

Comments

OMG_N3RD 0

Thats sad :( and just sayin HappyBrithday

you're fine... too young, get over it, cause, you will soon

MC18 0

Save the dramaaaa fooo yoo mama.

What's up with that awful gossip? Don't be mad cuz my hair is soo rad, Life is good up in my hood! (Had to finish the verse...I'm sorry)

"Time wounds all heels." - John Lennon

here's a thought... don't have sex until your legally married, don't move across the country for him if you plan on living with him, and get over it, don't get your hopes up every time you date someone, don't always expect a ring from every guy... and if you wasted over a year waiting to get married... deal with it. Most relationships end like this because of the same or similar things you chose to do... You have lots of time.

YDI for believing that love exists, negotiating sex, and wanting to get married before you can legally drink.