Not the one

By Anonymous - 27/10/2019 16:00

Today, my ex, who I'm still love with, told me he's engaged. We weren't together for long because he didn't want a committed relationship. Guess it was just me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 663
You deserved it 220

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Let’s be honest. In most cases when someone breaks up, it’s either “you’re not someone I feel attracted to,” or “we fight or you mistreat me.” It’s rude to say “I don’t find you attractive,” so we invent excuses and even sometimes believe them. Tough break, and I know how much it sucks, but there’s not much else to do except move on.

Mathalamus 24

Get over it. He moved on, so should you.

Comments

Yes, people toss around a lot of bullshit lines. If you're infatuated with someone, you never bring out that "I don't know what I'm looking for" crap to them. Very few people tell the truth, since you can't handle the truth.

Let’s be honest. In most cases when someone breaks up, it’s either “you’re not someone I feel attracted to,” or “we fight or you mistreat me.” It’s rude to say “I don’t find you attractive,” so we invent excuses and even sometimes believe them. Tough break, and I know how much it sucks, but there’s not much else to do except move on.

E2dav 5

That's actually really good advice

My ex sort of did this before we broke up in the sense he would originally be all for marrying me and then towards the end if i asked about it he'd be unsure he'd want to get married/have kids at all. But then he grew a spine when he ended it and said straight out that he couldn't ever see himself marrying me. So while that was brutal it meant i was able to get over it more. But he probably could have been a bit kinder about it and also maybe not wasted my time for so long XD I'm sorry OP, sometimes people are dicks, and sometimes people find others who make them change their minds about how they feel in regard to subjects like marriage or children. Good luck finding someone who suits you :)

I’m so sorry you have to go through this. The same thing happened to me years ago.

E2dav 5

I know it's hard, but at least he didn't string you along for ages. Time to cut him out of your life and move on. You'll heal over time.

Mathalamus 24

Get over it. He moved on, so should you.

Oooh honey I've been there! My ex and I got togetehr when we were 17 & 18. We were togetehr for five years, and were even living together. We had talked about one day getting engaged, married, maybe even have kids.... Suddenly out of no where, he's breaking up with me because he's "too young to settle down" and "wants to be free" and he "never got to enjoy the single adult life blah blah blah." Next thing I know, he's engaged to someone else... So yeah, he did want to settle down, but obviously not with me.