By Anonymous - 04/10/2013 21:41 - United States - Romulus

Today, my psycho ex-girlfriend, who's already made two threats against my life, informed me that she now has a concealed carry permit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 520
You deserved it 3 584

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Inform her you now have a restraining order.

fieldhockeygal97 19

Restraining order against that crazy bitch!

Comments

That's one of the many problems in that country. Any psycho can own a gun.

Luckily, they can't own an assault rifle, though. Quite frankly, they should do those same checks and tests for people looking to buy a pistol, too...

Any psycho can get a gun in just about any country if they try hard enough, and if they can't, then they can find another way to kill people. People were being murdered long before guns were invented. If OP had contacted the police when she threatened his life, she likely wouldn't have been able to get a gun, and if she had been able to a gun anyway, it would have been due to a failure in the background check, not the second amendment. And because anybody can get a gun, OP will be more easily able to defend himself should she attack him, be it with a baseball bat, a knife, or a gun. That is, if he's smart enough to get one himself.

#24- Getting a gun to defend yourself from people who have guns? I just want you to think about that for a second. And also, just remember that there are more accidental false alarm shootings than there are self-defense shootings, and a lot of those are nearly identical to the Zimmerman case, so OP getting a gun to protect himself from someone else with a gun isn't such a good idea. If we make sure that crazy people can't get guns (mental health checks) and create a registry to stomp out straw dealing, then it wouldn't be so easy for psycho's to get guns (like in canada, UK, Japan, Aussieland, and just about every other country that's doing better than us).

Like the US is the only country with problems.... I am not trying to be rude but you should learn more about a topic before making generalizations. You sound like you think in the US a person can walk down to a local market, buy a gun and then take it home immediately which is far from true. Yes, the system isn't perfect but the majority of people that buy guns legally in the US do not use them to commit crimes. Also, just because you buy a gun does not mean you can legally carry it in public. You have to go through another, more in depth process to get a conceal carry license. The best thing for the OP to do is to file a restraining order against her noting the threats and that she said she has a conceal carry permit which is making him fear for his life. If she does have a conceal carry permit then it should be suspended or revoked for making threats against someone.

BriCx 8

38, I think you replied under the wrong comment...

BriCx 8

And FWI if you would actually read, you would see that OP does in fact live in the US...

Restraining Order, than get a Concealed Carry permit too. Oh, and for when she finds out about the restraining order, you might want a bulletproof vest, too.

just tell her that you're getting married.

So she can stalk his "fiancee" or whoever she thinks is his fiancee?

BriCx 8

Or it could provoke her enough to actually attack him.

...And die?!?!!!! That is the worst idea I have ever heard. If you're going to offer OP solutions, I'd say discreetly moving far far away is a good one...

Umm calling the police may be a good idea right about now

jw90 18

Hire body guards to watch your house at night and tail you around incase she tries anything.

ya because everyone can afford to hire a bunch of bodyguards to watch them...

Beepbeep7 14

Make a report with the police for harassment.If she continues,you can issue a warrant against her.Also file a restraining order.If she comes within 500 feet she can be arrested for that as well.

time to move and change your identity. I hear guams nice this of year

I'm a carry concealed owner and all I can say is report her to your local pd, and have proof of the threats because she will lose her ccw quick.