By ninalian - 22/05/2011 06:30 - United States

Today, I was talking to this boy I really like and we were laughing together, until I got this disgusting putrid smell. I started to say how awful the smell was and he stopped laughing to take a sniff too. As soon as he closed his mouth the smell was gone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 172
You deserved it 4 504

Same thing different taste

Top comments

at least u didnt find out by kissing him! that would have been a lot worse

Comments

FYL. Being around people with putrid breath sucks. Plus there is simply no nice way of informing them of the odor.

why be Nice if they dont respect people around them enough to use mouthwash once a day.. it aint hard!

Yeah mrah, but sometimes you've got to bypass nice in order to be kind. If it's something the person can control I'd much rather be blunt, especially if we're just starting to be friends. It sets a precedent. The key is to be casual about it, and ask for the person to return the favor if it's needed.

kalejaxson 5

Maybe the smell was gone cuz you closed your mouth.

lesdodis 0

lol that's what I was thinking

my thoughts exactly. OP should go to the dentist, just in case.

******* gross, I just cant stand nor respect people who have no personnal hygiene.. I could throw soaps at their face in front of everyone

give up commenting, your getting voted down like there's no tomorrow.

Says the dumbass with a fat person in their picture. I bet they have fungus growing beneath their flabs of fat. And yes, why don't you stop your pathetic commenting, seeing as the entire ******* FML community hates you anyways.

SteelCladAngel 0

some people stink because of health problems I know a woman who showers every day, uses the proper hygiene products and still has stringy greasy hair, bad breath and stinky armpits. no clue why, she's not overweight so she's not sweating all day and people who are ill with terminal illnesses sometime stink like medication you can't automatically assume everyone who stinks has bad hygiene just like you can't automatically assume everyone who is overweight is just a fat lazy slob

He could make one about this. "today I learned the FML community hates me. FML" but yeah seriously stop commenting you're getting owned with votes.

Somebody better teach that boy about toothbrushs, toothpaste & floss if he wants any chance at the dating scene

As awkward as it would be, you should nonchalantly offer him a mint. He will get the hint (unless he's a moron) and you'll save him any further embarrassment in the future.

Seriously, my boyfriend has a stinking smell to his mouth when he's hungry. He doesn't eat for the whole day and when he comes back from his work, he brushes his teeth, try his best to make the odor goes away, but it doesn't unless he eats something. Or just tell him about it. People need to be told that kind of things since it doesn't help to not let them know. Who cares if they think you're rude - it might be helpful to them.

harbqll 0

it's called starvation ketosis.

Ketosis generally takes 2-3 days to take effect.

harbqll 0

Incorrect. Ketosis takes place anytime the body has exhausted glycogen storage and has switched to fatty acid utilization, which can be as soon as 4 hours after eating, depending on diet.

Teach him how to brush his teeth and tongue properly?

maybe he has halitosis. It makes a person's breath smell disgusting, no matter how often they're brushing. You can smell it from a few feet away from the person too!

That, or he may have gum disease, bad breathe can be an early sign.

Riddles66 0

Some people can't help the fact, lay off it,

laminscate8 0

Cool story bro, tell it again!