By AdriBAMF - 17/10/2009 17:11 - United States

Today, I got asked to Homecoming by the person I really like. I said yes and I was really excited. But my best friend who has liked me since the 6th grade wasn't. He went and broke my date's jaw. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 313
You deserved it 7 765

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yeah...I wouldn't date that best friend. Seems a bit unstable.

Comments

Bad friend. Seriously, that's over all sorts of lines.

Oregon + violent boyfriend = EcoTerrorist

you are clearly leaving something out here. I love my female friends and would kill for them, but never would i just randomly punch a guy. Your "date" probably said something out of line and your friend was sticking up for you

Ultimate_Cynic 0

**** YOUR life? Try **** HIS life. He's the one with the broken jaw; you just don't have a date for the dance. Now, I know you're in high school, so it may not seem like it; but trust me - his problem is much, much worse. Learn to prioritize!

I think she was more upset about the fact that she had a chance with a guy she liked but the friend ruined it. I dont think its just about the dance, but yes I agree. FHL.

iminlovexox 0

Aw, but your friend obviously really likes you! You should give him a chance! I'd be pretty pissed too if he did that, though.

Trebie 6

Well... Maybe she did. I mean, maybe she thought about pursuing a relationship with him, or even DID at one time, but maybe things just didn't work out. Or maybe she just really never could find that spark for him, and trying to force feelings isn't fair to either of them. In any case, even if she could have given him a chance BEFORE all this happened, she certainly shouldn't NOW. He BROKE a guy's JAW. Now, the OP says it's because this guy asked her to the dance and she accepted, and that is definitely way too protective/jealous. Still, even if OP left out some detail (The guy rubbed it in his face, The guy went behind his back and asked her, etc.) There is STILL no excuse for punching someone and breaking their jaw.

Your friend is a badass. There are some jaws that I would've jacked in MS, but to do it takes courage and a real respect for you. Be grateful you have a friend like that.

I apologise on behalf of the female sex for ever harbouring platonic feelings toward guys. You've just convinced me to feel sexually charged emotions for all my male friends. Be right back, must go stalk them quickly.

Cut it out with your presumptuous novels. You don't know the situation and don't even pretend like you can guess it. You look like a jackass.

greatnt249 0

You sound like someone who whines and bitches a lot; girls don't like that, and that's probably why you're asking these questions right now, #54.