By AdriBAMF - 17/10/2009 17:11 - United States

Today, I got asked to Homecoming by the person I really like. I said yes and I was really excited. But my best friend who has liked me since the 6th grade wasn't. He went and broke my date's jaw. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 313
You deserved it 7 765

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yeah...I wouldn't date that best friend. Seems a bit unstable.

Comments

You're right, theblazian. I should really rethink my values. I suck. *sob* I'm also apparently a psychotic tease and a bitchy attention-***** for not sleeping with all of my male friends! Woe is me. Good point, she might have found out he liked her after her friend knocked the guy's head around.

Look at how your attitude goes over with the ladies, Pimpin88. Not very well, as you can plainly see. :]

HA I did the same thing to my best friends date back in high school now... she's my wife and we are happily married writing this now just goes to show sometimes those things work. :) plz don't hate e I'm not an a$$hole.

SuicideX 0

The best friend isn't necessarily psychotic or irrationally violent. Love does make people crazy, and I can see why someone in his situation would snap like that. He could have been jealous, maybe he just hated the kid and was pissed that you said yes to him, maybe he was just having a really bad day. I'm sure that most guys that have been friendzoned have been less than an inch from doing the same thing.

iloveblackshirt6 0

Your bestfriend is a bastard. FYL

It is unbelievable to me how many people are defending the best friend, either by saying that a lot of guys have done/would like to do the same thing, or by blaming the OP for upsetting him by friend-zoning him. No matter what the situation was, he had control over his own actions. It is disturbing to me how many people are blaming the OP for "provoking" him into breaking someone's jaw.

RubixMonkey 0

I mean if he is that likely to hurt someone for talking to Op what stops him (if they dated) from hurting her?

RubixMonkey 0

Okay so my friend is making me write this because she is lame and doesn't want to make her own account. Anyways Frances says: I am 20 and have never had a real boyfriend. I dated a few guys I thought were the right kind but never found anything I could really see a future with. I don't believe being someone's friend entitles you to sexual favors. I thought you became friends with someone because they were like you and you got along. But I understand the frustration. You are not the only person in the world with this problem. Try finding a nice guy. Men have huge standards, men my age at least, are always playing video games and hanging out with ***** that give out. Why do I even try? I have been best friends with several guys I was really into and tried to hook up with, date, start a relationship, but they always were either pissy because I tried to instigate something and they hated "dominant" women or they were too caught up in some ****. Some of the girls they dated were nice, but they always complained they couldn't find someone who was there and who understood. I was there! So instead of judging girls for not instantly jumping in your pants because you were there for them, why not just tell a girl you like her and see if she takes the bait. We want you to say something, you guys are just as ****** and just as stupid as these bimbos you complain about. Did you ever think that maybe you just aren't their type? Or better yet you are such a jerk most of the time trying to be that type that she doesn't want anything to do with you? Anyways, grow up. RubixMonkey: Okay now that I have my comment box back. Grow the **** up dude. I think you are a little liar pretending you get all the girls. You wouldn't be ******** yourself to yell at the female race if it weren't for the fact you are a sexist jerk. All your comments seem to be about blaming women for your own problems. Not every girl has to like you. Just because someone is your friend does not mean they have to do something sexual for you. The point of being a friend is being there for someone else, and being selfless. If you are just friends with them with the hope you will score and that you are owed some giant ****** because of all the hours you put in, then you aren't really their friend. We aren't stupid. We aren't just going to let you walk all over us. So, when you guys start having some balls and TELLING us you like us and not becoming boring because you are afraid we are going to run away if you are honest, then maybe we would be equally likely to date you. But just because one person is attracted to the other does not mean the other has to stop liking someone else. The guy from sixth grade most likely has some problems that, while as a friend are cool, and overlooked, as a boyfriend would be horrible. Like punching someone and breaking their jaw. That reeks of jealousy, anger management, and control issues. The girl is entitled to like whomever the **** she wants. Get over it.

RubixMonkey 0

Oh my God, I am an ***** for not giving out. I mean, even if someone shows how horrible they would be as a boyfriend, and I have known them since sixth grade and probably see them as a brother, I should STILL Sleep with them. I mean, what did we win some sexual revolution or gain the same rights as men...? Obviously not because Tarzan Pimpin over there thinks that Psycho BF should just drag Op by her hair into the nearest cave and rut like monkeys with her. You know Pimpin if you drug them then they can't say no. (Don't do that, I would never condone rape)

RubixMonkey 0

With that logic I would have to **** most of my friends. I did date one of my best friends, we had sex and found out it was awkward and promised to never bring it up again. Also, would i have to sleep with my cousin who is one of my best friends?