By AdriBAMF - 17/10/2009 17:11 - United States

Today, I got asked to Homecoming by the person I really like. I said yes and I was really excited. But my best friend who has liked me since the 6th grade wasn't. He went and broke my date's jaw. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 313
You deserved it 7 765

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yeah...I wouldn't date that best friend. Seems a bit unstable.

Comments

bigcrazymike 6

Your "best friend" who has liked you since the 6th grade was never actually your friend. He's actually a guy who has put a whole lot of time in to try to be close to you. You will never be friends unless he loses interest in you. And when that happens, there's a good chance he won't want to be your friend any more.

thebamf 0

YDI for dating a bad fighter. Go with your best friend.

54 (pimpin88): i have absolutely no idea. which is strange, because I'm female. I just don't understand women. they're all insane.

bigcrazymike 6

Girls like the dangerous bad boys. The sweet guys that like them are safe and easy. That's not a challenge to them, and it's not as fun. They won't be interested in those guys until they've learned their lessons. Hopefully they don't have kids by the assholes before they wise up. Unfortunately, they usually do. Don't bother trying to play nice with girls. They sure as hell won't play nice with you. Just get yours for the next decade and then keep it moving until you find an attractive, intelligent woman with no kids. Good luck! LMAO

Oh no, a guy called "pimpin88" insulted my username on a website. Whatever shall I do? "2- she clearly has led him on (or else any guy would have left)" Wrong. I have plenty of platonic relationships with guys who have been my friends for years. Not everyone wants to have sex with each other, despite what you may hear on TV or in movies. Doesn't mean she led him on because she "loves the attention". And yes, there are some girls out there who are only attracted to assholes. I've never been one of them, but I know plenty of girls who are. In fact, just a few months ago I had to go bail my friend out of her house and move her in with her sister because she was FINALLY sick of her husband verbally and physically abusing her. Another friend dumped her sweet and caring boyfriend for a guy who only wanted sex from her and would continue trying to get with other girls while they were in their relationship. So I know what situation you were describing and what question you were asking, but unfortunately I don't have an answer for you. Some girls - SOME, not all - like to be treated like shit. Maybe it makes things exciting for them, I have no idea.

First off, I AM a female and I like my best friend, but he rejected me. Not all females are psychos, FYI. The way you told Witchcraft that she has no room to talk just because she's a woman is INCREDIBLY sexist. You do look like a jackass. And YOUR name is "pimpin88" which sort of makes you look like even more of douche. And OP: I think it's **** your date's life, not FYL.

I dont see why everyone thinks her best friend is so horrible. Yea sure he over reacted but at least you can tell he cares. So its not like hes the worst piece a trash on earth. Not at all.

Pimpin88 won't you take a hint? No one likes you, so do us all a favour: dig yourself a deep hole and jump in :)

You forgot to mention it was sexist of him to say "well, since he's a guy, all he wants is sex." And not all denied people leave. It means they actually CARE about the person they like. To leave is like to throw a fit. Well... sometimes it doesn't always mean they care enough to stay, it could mean they're too stupid to realize a lost cause ("I CAN TOTALLY WIN HIM/HER OVER, WATCH!"). Doesn't mean the other person is to blame or lead them on or loved the attention. I'm like 67. I like my best friend, I got rejected. Did I leave? No, because I still love my best friend and at the very least I love being a friend. Sending Christmas presents soon. I can assure you I'm not being led on, I'm doing it of my own free will. I'm actually very glad we're still best friends; that was my biggest fear when I admitted my feelings, that it would be like "UH OH WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS ANYMORE." But, it wasn't, and for that I am very thankful.