By youmothERFUCKErs - 13/08/2012 17:50 - United States

Today, yet again, I had to dye my hair brown in advance of the new school year, because my school doesn't allow "unapproved" colors, even if they're natural. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 165
You deserved it 2 370

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CodieMotionless 2

What color is your hair naturally? ._.

Sparks808 10

They can't make you dye your hair... That doesn't make sense or seem right at all. You go to a religious school or something? Which still doesn't make sense considering that's the color God gave you. FYL.

Comments

The local catholic high school around me was like that. A girl I knew had deep red hair naturally. The nuns would chastise her regularly for having it. Some wouldn't even believe that it was natural. Apparently god wouldn't do that.

When my mother was in school, the nuns at a different school would accuse her and her sisters of being satan's cheerleaders because they all have naturally red hair (one ginger two red-blondes).

Laurenlou 24

I go to a catholic school (although I am not catholic anymore; just Christian) and their church and "rules" and so misinformed. It's crazy how they believe everything they hear without question at all. And we have the hair dye rule; no extreme highlights, no streaks, and nothing too far from the natural color of the girls hair. We don't have nuns for teachers anymore. It's still just as crazy though. O.o We can't even wear the color nail polish we want. They are depriving everyone of their freedom of expression. It's quite sad.

Shadow_Phantom 26

@40: Being "Satan's cheerleader" sounds better than some drab, boring, no-fun nun... in my opinion.

bvq25 8

40-it's called strawberry blonde :)

MiloBear 11

My friend used to get into trouble often because the teachers thought she was wearing lipstick. She just had naturally dark pink lips. At least with hair you can dye it if necessary.

79- I used to go to Catholic school and we never had nuns teaching us. But all my teachers were Catholic and I think it's a bit offensive that you say all Catholics just accept everything without questioning it. I've met nuns who weren't even like that. Where are you from that is that backwards? Sounds like Ireland in the 50s

105 - it's a very different shade than "strawberry blonde". If you lookup strawberry blonde, it looks nothing like their hair color

Stupid rule. A hair color is not disruptive to the learning process. The school should be spending its time dealing with important issues, like drugs and weapons.

I'm probably jumping the gun but I think the school is doing that because they believe hair dying can be rebellious.

BunchieRules 31

38 - That may be the case, but if they made it acceptable, the teenagers wouldn't be rebelling against them, would they?

My school has this rule. It's an exemplary school, and they think that we all have to look the part. Unnatural colors, facial piercings, tattoos, pants with rips or holes, anything with sleeves less than the width of a dollar bill, shirts that show your stomach, yoga pants, and shorts/skirts higher than six inches above the knee (even with leggings underneath) are all banned. If you break the rules, you spend the day in ISS.

Junkie_Razor 20

52. They send you to the international Space Station for the day?

"In school suspension", I think a space station would be too fun for my school...

So you basically all have to look like preppy clones of each other... *shudder* I'd be expelled in a heartbeat- 11 piercings, two tattoos, dyed black and purple hair, and I don't own a pair of jeans without rips :P luckily, I've never come across a school like that where I live. And I went to a different one every year.

So you basically all have to look like preppy clones of each other... *shudder* I'd be expelled in a heartbeat- 11 piercings, two tattoos, dyed black and purple hair, and I don't own a pair of jeans without rips :P luckily, I've never come across a school like that where I live. And I went to a different one every year.

122, basically, you would walk in the building, and then walk right back out. They may even get the security guards after you. Apparently our dress code lets them identify intruders easily...

pablopoo 7

My school wont even let me have long hair cus im a guy and honestly i realy dont see how me having long hair is rebelious in any way i just like how it looks and its the only hair style i like and its just to my shoulders and the y make me cut it and in two weeks i go back to school and i have to cut my hair and its not even a private school its a public school

Sounds like a good time to buy a wig that's brunette.

Sounds like its time to go to a different school instead.

Wigs can be very hot though. Not to mention teasing for wearing it.

Nazi High? Haha I thought they got rid of all those shitholes

paijus 0

They'd make her go blonde then. Arian race

FireFlie07 20

? What color is your hair? You can always appeal to the school board if you can prove its naturally a certain color.

Like with baby pictures. Unless you're my mother. She went from blonde to brown.

KattataFish 4

That's discrimination and **** you to all the dicks who said she deserved it

PseudoLink 1

I find this story very hard to believe. You're telling me they don't accept black, brown, blonde, or red? Yeah right.

They're telling you that you can't be yourself. Im sorry OP

Discrimination... Get a lawyer... That will shut them up! It's illegal.

Ah yes the answer to all life's battle. Tie up our courts with stupid lawsuits instead of just dealing with the problem one on one. Sure done things are tough to deal with like that but are still stupid lawsuits. Mediators are good for that. I'm still trying to figure out what dumb ass lawyer would screw around with a case like this.

"Stupid" lawsuits are sometimes the only recourse to stupid policy. OP may want to try a note from her doctor, first. Requiring a girl to dose her head with toxic chemicals for a non-health reason is not good for her health.

IantoJones_fml 28

People often start with the lawsuits instead of doing a little bit of work and trying other steps first. It's amazing what kind of change one can bring about with some time and effort in organizing people and bringing attention to a stupid policy. They get the results they want and courts don't get tied up. I understand that sometimes you have to take something to court, but often times, people start there as a short cut.

FarscapeSDC 9

My school was a bit like that. They sent one girl in my class home for wearing a ring. (And no, it wasn't a private or religious school, it was a public school with an insane headmistress.) The only sort of jewellery allowed were watches, so I beat the system with a pocket watch with a silver chain. The headmistress practically screamed at me, before being forced to admit that she couldn't do anything. There's few feelings better than watching the headmistress digging her nails into her desk because a student found a loop-hole in her rules.