By youmothERFUCKErs - 13/08/2012 17:50 - United States

Today, yet again, I had to dye my hair brown in advance of the new school year, because my school doesn't allow "unapproved" colors, even if they're natural. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 166
You deserved it 2 370

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CodieMotionless 2

What color is your hair naturally? ._.

Sparks808 10

They can't make you dye your hair... That doesn't make sense or seem right at all. You go to a religious school or something? Which still doesn't make sense considering that's the color God gave you. FYL.

Comments

If you go to a public school, that's a lawsuit waiting to happen if I've ever heard one.

dyeing your hair damages it. Report this.

Wow...that has to be illegal on so many levels....racism, not making you feel comfortable and proud of your natural body, bullying, favouritism...I don't think I could go there and just dye my hair. I'd rather be homeschooled or go to a 'worse' school or something. This is behaviour is so entirely wrong from a standard workplace let alone a place of children's education and development.

USA : cannot have the unapproved hair color in class, but can buy a gun at 21… Well, one must have priorities…

imavelociraptor 6

I have a friend with pink tips and another who's entire head is blue (it used to be black and green) my school doesn't have a problem with it...

I thought my school was strict! Bear in mind that, being England, there is a strict uniform on top of this. Only one supplier that you could buy from (until 6th form), and they were very smart suit-type things. At mine, boys weren't allowed sleepers in their ears (not studs, it's just to keep a piercing open). Girls were not allowed to wear trousers until year 12 (aged 16). Boys were allowed black or navy gloves/scarf in the winter, girls were only allowed navy gloves/scarf. Girls could have hairbands black, navy or white. Jumpers could be black, grey, or burgundy. Someone got a massive telling-off for wearing a grey jumper in year 12, but they proved that they were allowed to wear one from the uniform code! Boys had to had a typical hair length; very short or long hairstyles were not permitted. I saw a boy getting told off badly for his hair, which was an inch or two from shoulder-length. But I managed to wear black converses for the entirety of 6th form (year 12 & 13, aged 16-18), so ha, no-one noticed. After all that.. they would have never made someone dye their hair from its natural colour. That's bloody ridiculous.

reimichele 8

All that dye can have very damaging long term effects on the overall health if your hair. And the only reason you have to risk that is because they said so? Buck the system OP.

What sort of redneck fundamentalist christian hillbilly school do you go to? Do they teach you what wood is best to make burning crosses or how the world is flat?