By Dumbfounded - 08/08/2012 23:03 - United States - Padre Island Ntl Seashor

Today, my wife yelled at me for admitting I take my wedding ring off at work. I explained that I work in a chemistry lab and don't want to damage it. She laughed and said, "Oh please, that chemistry stuff is nonsense anyway." All while reading her horoscope. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 372
You deserved it 3 962

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nuts to your science! I have a gypsy in a vending machine!

Comments

citymayer 7

Ugh. I bet your wife is one of those rude people I hate to run into at the grocery store.

jillybee101 7

I also bet she's the kind of person who is more concerned for herself than anyone else. Sorry OP, but what your wife did was rude.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I know, that's what I told my ex wife when I locked her in the basement. She was mine and I didn't want to share her! Then the police got mad cos that was "illegal" and "******* stupid" because apparently that kind of logic makes no sense, but you and I get it, right? Right? Kindred spirits bro, kindred spirits. By the way, I'm on the look out for a new basement dweller, in case you're interested. Don't worry, I already have your phone number.

Crikey! You sound wonderfully disturbed! Come up and see me sometime...

From the sounds of it, it seems that he's just trying to find out when the narwhal bacons...

Narwhal bacons? Sorry you lost me there...

BunchieRules 31

47 - Reddit reference. Wait until midnight; you'll see what I mean.

In a chemistry lab you don't "show the world your are taken" because you wear gloves 24/7. The ring would be covered up anyways. I never wear my rings because my engagement ring rips every single glove. He is using perfectly acceptable logic and she is a little nuts.

skullofdarkness 18

Let's see, wearing a treasured item in a lab where you're working with acids, and chemicals to create new substances from substances such as those found in a wedding ring. Bah! Leave it on!

She's ignorant. Being ignorant is fml worthy for you. You married her. What's your excuse? Too. Much. Dots.

Your wife is insecure about your marriage and doesn't trust you to follow your vows. The fact that she believes in astrology over chemistry is just an extra problem of hers.

I certainly hope my future husband doesn't act like that. I don't plan on wearing my wedding ring to work either.

Why are there people who "don't believe" in chemistry? It should be illegal to be that ignorant. OP, I'm a chem major, and I would also take my ring off.

IF I HAD ONE!! *insert angry Timmy's dad meme*

Well if your ring "randomly" dissolves in the lab, I'd take it as a "sign" OP.

curlyfry33 8

anyone else wondering why his wife didn't already know what his job is?