By unknown - 17/08/2019 02:00 - Canada

Today, my wife figured out I gave her a dollar store ring for our anniversary. FML
I agree, your life sucks 503
You deserved it 4 771

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe there were money troubles but try not to pass off a ring as genuine if it isn't.

Well, a green finger and a brassy ring probably gave it away...how long did you think she'd belive it was real?

Comments

Well, a green finger and a brassy ring probably gave it away...how long did you think she'd belive it was real?

Maybe there were money troubles but try not to pass off a ring as genuine if it isn't.

Helmut Arias Rodriguez 21

I’d do the same thing. Expensive rings are a waste of money and not worth it

ellie 8

So true!! I would just pawn all my jewelry lol

Not a terrible argument. But then be upfront about it being meaningful but inexpensive. Trying to pass it off as something more valuable than it is is not right.

You mean she wasn’t fooled by the “Tiff-A-Knees” box you presented to her? Clever lady!

Needs more info, as to why this was an option. I don’t expect expensive things. My wedding band was on clearance for 20 bucks. I just wanted simple silver. While I don’t want to know the cost of a gift, as the thought is more important, but dollar store screams ah crap, I forgot.

I don't think it is the value of the ring that bothers her as much as the fact that you had to lie to her about it. Sometimes going through hard times can actually bring you closer together if you really do it TOGETHER AND HONESTLY.

Username checks out: The Unknown Husband....

It’s better than a dollar store ring for the proposal!

Is it pretty? Then I wouldn't complain. You aren't wasting money on a ring. If she flipped her shit on you, rethink the relationship. She's materialistic.

This sounds more like a “F#€k HER life” post.