By Foosa801 - 25/12/2016 23:08 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, I woke up my friend and had him take me to the ER. I had trouble breathing and my chest hurt, so the doctor put me on an EKG and took X-rays. I had strained my chest lifting weights at the gym earlier that day and pulled a muscle, and now thanks to my massive anxiety I have a $700 hospital bill. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 330
You deserved it 1 955

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Talis99 26

Honestly, though, you'd think you'd learn. I appreciate you're a caring parent, but don't be overprotective.

As terrible as that is to pay, better safe than sorry

Comments

Sorry, OP :( Glad you're okay though, apart from that gaping hole in your wallet

I do this literally every year with my son when the weather changes. He gets some sort of heat rash reaction, I freak out and think it's terminal, they give him Benadryl and me an outrageous bill. Then the cycle repeats :) it's like they expect me at this point.

Talis99 26

Honestly, though, you'd think you'd learn. I appreciate you're a caring parent, but don't be overprotective.

Yes, after three times I'm getting it haha can't over react forever, especially over something that's so normal now. Thanks for your kind words :)

Do be wary of that though! Remember, the boy who cried wolf was right in the end.

It sucks that your bill was so high and that this caused you stress, but with health concerns and issues (Especially shortness of breath and chest pains) it's best to err on the side of caution. You never know when it's gonna be something more that a pulled muscle. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Better to be safe than sorry with chest pain OP!

that sucks but I'm glad you're okay. chest pain and can't breathe are scary symptoms, so it might have been a wasted trip and you're broke now but at least now you know.

If you were having trouble breathing you made the right call. The bill sucks, but that is one of the most serious symptoms you can have in the medical world. Tell them that at any hospital and you get rushed to the front of the line.

$700 is a small price to pay for what could have easily saved your life if it was anything more serious. Chest pains and shortness of breath can easily be a life or death situation regardless of age.

You absolutely made the right call. These symtoms can point to a number of life threatenign conditions, even in young, healthy people. I'm sorry you have to pay for necessary medical attention.

Goblin182 26

I have done that. strained my chest throwing a softball. but, better safe than sorry.

Isnt this 1000000 times better than a heart issue?