By tiredofthis - 10/10/2012 17:38 - United States - Jefferson City

Today, my roommate set her extremely loud alarm clock for 5am and continued to hit the snooze button every ten minutes until 7:30. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 997
You deserved it 2 009

Same thing different taste

Comments

Ahh yes, only the rich can afford the extremely expensive alarm clock

My iPhone is my alarm clock. I think most people also use their cellphones too.

At 5:30 the last thing I'm gonna do is tell people to buzz off.

I would have yanked that ****** right out of the wall! Then yelled,get the **** up!

I would have knocked her door down and elbow-dropped her. With a run-up. Twice.

I just kill the circut breaker for my roommates room when he does extremely dumb and rude things like this.

Yelling at the room mate to get up would be my plan... Snoozing for an hour and a half.... op is a pretty patient person.

It would have been thrown across the universe.

121 - Ahh the circuit breaker move. I used to do that when I was little and my brother was playing music loudly when I was trying to sleep. He never figured it out xD @ OP - My old roommate did the same thing, be thankful you probably weren't stupid enough to share a studio apartment with someone. Circuit breaker move becomes a wee bit too obvious then.

They may sleep in. Should of got up and reset it.

Unplug it? I would have walked into her room casually, grabbed the alarm clock opened the window and chucked it outside. :D

mduffy08 8

I would have casually stomped it to pieces.

mduffy08 8

Let's kill her... Then there would be no alarm to set >:).

mduffy08 8

I'm going for the family next...

Maybe her alarm clock happens to be her cellphone also...

112 - Doesn't mean we can't break that too!

CantusVulpis 12

Just turn it off at night so she'll be late. That's annoying, you need sleep too.

Inheritance 10

You get sleep and feel good for getting revenge! :)

Maybe she should talk to he roommate about it first. I hope revenge isn't the first thing that pops into everyone's mind! If the problem persists though, then I suppose drastic measures might be necessary. Sleep is important!

Maybe revenge isnt the best solution, but it's sure as hell much more fun!

CantusVulpis 12

Well I don't know about you guys, but if it were me not getting sleep, I would be WAY too cranky to talk it over. Revenge, sleep, then talk. I don't do we'll without sleep. XD

beccaishereyay 11

Haha that's what I was thinking. I can't get up with just one alarm. But I would never do that if I had a roommate.

I am exactly the same, on iPhones you can set as many alarms as you want, I have literally set an alarm for every five minutes from like 5am up until 8am :-/

I need two alarms to wake up. My alarm clock and alarms on my iPhone (every five or 10 minutes set up to an hour).

kirbeaar 19

Haha, now I know I'm not the only one. I have my phone and my alarm clock set and they go off every 5 minutes for an hour.

CantusVulpis 12

I have an alarm clock, 3 alarms on my iPhone and one on my iPad...

Yep, I'm a real heavy sleeper. My neighbors complain about my alarm clock.

Haha. Wow. I would definitely be waking all of you up with a bucket of ice water if any of you were my roommates.

NoSubway4Me 8

I have two alarms on my iPhone. My first one goes off twice, then my second one. Then they're both going in about 5 minute increments for maybe 45 mins to an hour. :(

Would it not make more sense to set one loud alarm, but put it across the room so you actually have to get out of bed to turn it off?

It wouldn't work for me. I'd go back to bed anyway. I need at least 30min to 45 min to feel awake otherwise I have a bad day....

107- watch who you **** with; you don't want to end up in an ice bath with a scar on your love handle.

CantusVulpis 12

#111: my first alarm is across the room. It doesn't stop me from going back. And yeah, It's Bay... Why??

GuessWhatKids 13

I can confirm that the "alarm across the room" method isn't foolproof. My strategy is to set my ihome to max volume and have it blast rap music to wake me up. I find that music doesn't wake you up as abruptly as an alarm clock so by the time I turn it off, I'm awake enough to know not to go back to bed.

#127- You have a very unusual name; and very pretty. Thumbs up!

I have a Clocky. It's an alarm on wheels, which rolls away as it goes off, so you have to catch it to turn it off. Nothing wakes me up like trying to reach under my bed to grab a runaway clock. I also feel the need to shut it off as quickly as possible so as not to disturb anyone else in the house, so there's a sense of urgency in catching it.

CantusVulpis 12

Oh, well thank you very much. XD

o-o this happens a lot with my iPhone

Rocky007 15

Time sure flys when you're having fun.

No time flys when you're sleeping. It's like you fall asleep and 5 minutes later the alarm goes off.

bizarre_ftw 21

Time doesn't fly, it ******* Evaporates!

Ya #81 I just realized that......shit I feel dumb.

Epikouros 31

Or as Kermit said, time's fun when you're having flies.

Solution: Hammer. Whether you hit the clock or your roommate with it is up to you, OP! I would go with the clock though

Christmas is coming up , buy her a early Christmas or a "just because " gift and get her a new not as loud alarm clock , or at least one that you can adjust the sound volume.

OhDearBetrayal 25

I'm pretty sure there's a reason why her alarm clock was a very loud one. Maybe because she's a heavy sleeper?

Knightchaser27 25

She could get her an alarm clock that moves around or one that vibrates

metaphoristic 8

... And see time fly he he he Anyone else remember this joke? I think I heard it about 1000293829 times as a kid

Throw HER out the window That will wake her up :)

Instead it reminded me of Linkin Park--"In the End" ***Watch the time go right out the window

That reminded me of a song my dad used to sing "You're going out the window. You're going out the window."

You can always wake her up the first time it rings. After that she won't keep the alarm on and it won't keep ringing. Problem solved.

she was waking up to put the alarm on snooze, she was just too lazy to get up!

Yeah but I meant wake up as in get her out of bed wake up, not open her eyes wake up. If all else fails break the fire alarm OP!

OhDearBetrayal 25

My friend and I are planning on moving in together, and she's a heavy sleeper, too. She's also not a morning person. If OPs roommate will be anything like mine, I would suggest not crossing the border into crazy morning bitch territory.

bizarre_ftw 21

I'm like op's roommate, of course I feel bad for my bf but.... It's just so cold in the morning and sleep is so Nice!!!! But if someone threw my alarm clock out the window and I was late I would probably kill them, if for no other reason than to be able to blame someone else for my lateness. However (and this has happened before) when people try to wake me up I will argue both logically and viscously, sometimes fight back, and quite often continue sleeping like a ******* rock So op, good luck