By sasquatch - 08/09/2012 04:03 - United States - Katonah

Spicy
Today, my boyfriend requested that I shave my lips so I spent an hour in the shower carefully removing every trace of pubic hair. Turns out he wanted me to shave my moustache, not my carpet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 747
You deserved it 33 629

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lizza330 28

At least he didn't wax it off for you like that other guy did.

kate3101 15

Do not - and I can't emphasise this enough - DO NOT shave your face. You will end with stubble like a guy. Everyone has hair on their face, but if you don't want it, wax or use electrolysis. Don't touch shaving

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Couldn't you just throw yourself and your genes of a cliff? Shaving your hair off is a very unhygienic thing you can do to your personal area. The hair has a function, otherwise Mother Nature wouldn't have given it to us. It's incredibly sad that society demands women to be as bald as possible (therefore, it are woman who maintain their body - more than men do), so yes, ladies, do with your hair what YOU want - but you're a nice girlfriend if you reckon with your partner's preferences. Just don't forget that a child is bald and that a grown-up woman has armpit/leg/arm/pubic hair. And don't listen to morons like Imcarissa, they'll end up on the bottom of a cliff anyway.

Spent a good 5 minutes trying to say what you did, thanks for saying it so well. From experience, most men really don't care about a little stubble once in a while, if they really like you, it's not a big deal. There's more to a relationship than being hairless to please your man, focus on the other things.

My boyfriend has a full beard. Does that mean I'm 'allowed' to let my body hair grow wild?

hotPinklipstick 24

I never understood why women have the mindset of being perfectly smooth 'down there'. I actually feel unclean when I shave completely and the razor burn is hell. I have an electric razor and I keep it maintained, any other way I feel nasty. Don't fall into the 'ways of society' because others say its the right thing to do. As stated above the hair serves a purpose. I'm not saying grow out a damn bush, but you don't have to be smooth 24/7 to be clean.

If you shave your armpit hair, it lowers the amount of fermones, aka. the thing in scents that attracts other people. So scientifically, you're actually making your man less attracted to you by shaving. Just thought I'd put it out there. Also, I agree with DjeePee to 100%. Why should anyone else tell me what to do with my body? It's just dumb.

I like a landing strip myself, trimmed and neat, and I'll return the favour, as long as that little bit which tickles my nose is under control I'm happy.

I agree with 19 but don't knock the women that do shave everything. (I even remove my arm hairs, even though I barely have hair there. That is my preference) I don't do it for anybody else except myself. Even if I don't plan to be intimate with my boyfriend, I still maintain my shaving routine. I don't think it's unhygienic to do so and I have other parts that remind me I'm not a child :P *** also, I would say that most women trim vs shaving everything completely off, for reasons stated above such as razor burns. I no longer have those problems. I guess my skin got used to it over time.

Wow, I'm so glad that I don't care what YOU say on the subject imcarissa, therefore I CAN do whatever I want with my own body. **** your retarded opinion.

No it isn't. Women naturally have hair. If someone doesn't want to shave it off, that's their business, not yours or anyone else's. Get over it.

Actually, thanks to my ex husband, I'll never shave down there again.(I'll trim) Turned out he was a pedophile. (of course I made sure he is in prison for a good long time!) If a man can't handle a bit of womanly hair down in her nether regions, then I personally feel something is wrong. I agree whole heartedly with compromise, but some things can't be worked out. As for the rest of your body hair; I already hate dealing with stubble on my legs every other day, why on earth would I want that everywhere? I'm a mammal after all!

Actually, the need for women to be hairless comes from ****. Because women in **** shave their pubic hair a lot, people think it's normal and that everyone should do it. Back when **** stars left a 'welcome mat', that was considered the norm. It's got nothing to do with hygiene, else men would be shaving all their pubes off too.

#19. Don't know where your from or what not, but around here.. If a girl has armpit hair, or leg hair.. Not many guys will like them.. It's disgusting... Sweaty gross hair all over a girl.. Nah I think I'll stick to the clean shaven ones... And I've honestly never heard "If you shave it's unhygienic" that is honestly and hopefully the first and last time I hear such a thrown off remark.. How often do you see or read "CAREFUL, shaving can cause bad hygiene it is not recommended!"

hahasooo 2

#19 im guessing you dont shave anything. No need to make "imcarissa" sound like the worst person ever. Your right "do with your hair what you want," but your a moron as well for telling people not to listen to others and to listen to you.

Hey 73, you are aware that a male has all of that "sweaty gross hair" all over as well, right? What I've come to hate the most is the double standard that is held. Men, do what you want with your body hair. Women, shave that shit or be shunned and unwanted. Personally, I'm against this. I prefer a woman with at least a little bit of hair, even though I'm more of a bush guy myself. See that ladies, there is a man out there that would be perfectly happy with you doing nothing down there, and I still do oral like that too.

Laurenlou 24

I started shaving everything down there when I was 13. I wasn't sexually involved or anything, it was just much more comfortable for me! Of course, I do get stubbly, and that's completely fine. I've never had problems with razor burns either. How is it unhygienic? I've never seen any evidence for that statement. Also, I've always heard that the hair under your armpits make a girl stink more. The bacteria has more to grow in when there is hair under the armpits; resulting in sweat being stinker and etc. I'm sure some women wouldn't mind it, but I sure hate to stink even a little.

Actually, I feel much 'cleaner' when I am 'smooth' down below. And my boyfriend likes it much better, too ;) Just my opinion, so don't hate on the girls that do it, it's their choice. Plus, I know how to shave properly so I don't get razor burn ;)

91- the thick tufts get annoying. So a little trimming is good. Thin that shit out a bit! But I don't know about other ladies, as we are all different. But I have to at least trim the hedges a bit or they get unruly. But: thank you for showing that not all men dislike the way we are :3 it's refreshing.

Shaving everything can be "unhygienic" because it removes all of the hair (obviously), and the hair exists to PROTECT the woman's vaginal area from harmful bacteria and such, just like a man's pubic hair exists to protect his genitalia. The reason most people think pubic hair is "unclean" on a woman is because we are taught to think that as yet another means of controlling women and their bodies for the sake of men's pleasure.

Enough of it being "only" for guys' pleasure! Skin on skin touches feels good on women too. My God stop making us girls feel like we don't have a say in what we chose to do with the hair on our bodies! If we didn't want to shave-- we wouldn't and I guarantee the guy we're with would still have sex with us!

I never said it was ONLY for men's pleasure, but I know many women (myself included) who would rather not *shave/wax/insert hair removal system here*, but who are pressured to do so by their boyfriends and the rest of society (like when they are told they are "gross" or " ugly" even by random people on FML). For those women, the choice often comes down to uncomfortable/painful/costly hair removal or feeling unwanted, ugly and unworthy. And even when they do attempt to conform to society's standards, a lot of women still despise themselves because they cannot attain the almost impossible, genetically- determined ideal of the tall, super-thin, flawless woman.

A lot of our body hair really doesn't have much of a use anymore. The hair on top of your head is for keeping warmth in, which we don't need due to heaters. Your eyebrows ARE useful, because they are supposed to keep sweat out of your eyes. Eyelashes keep the dirt away. Leg and arm hair... You know what, I retract my earlier statement. Our hair IS useful. Anyway, arm ad leg hair USED to be for the warmth along with keeping mosquitoes at bay. If you ever find an exceptionally hairy person, you can be pretty sure they're from an area that has more mosquitoes than your regular place. Now, pubic hair... It really doesn't have much of a use. I think it's supposed to be a way to prevent dirt from getting in there and, considering the ****** is self cleaning, it probably also aids in keeping the pH value normal. But all that's just a guess.

An hour in the shower? That's wasting water!

maebelline12 12

I can wash my whole body (including my hair) AND shave in less than an hour.

Show him your handy dandy work he'll forget about your upper lip :)....

I'm sure he'll appreciate your effort down there. (: I do find it strange that the boyfriend had to make such a request. You look at your face constantly in the mirror and didn't realize you had a facial hair problem on your own? If that's the look you're going for, more power to you but a quick trip to a salon will rid you of that hair! :P

EVERYONE has facial hair, but very rarely does a woman have it bad enough it needs to be shaved or waxed. It's people like you who freak out about something small that cause people to get them waxed or shaved. It is her decision on what she wants to do with her body, and something minor like this doesn't have to be altered.

Either way, you should look in the mirror and notice this stuff. Or at least trim up and down.