By Facepalmum - 10/01/2013 06:28 - Australia - Melbourne

Today, my 14-year-old son showed me a "bird's egg" he was looking after in his room. It was a dried up dog turd. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 581
You deserved it 7 936

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mpj13 8

How do you even get the two confused?

Werken247 14

Were you and your husband related before you got married? C'mon now tell the truth.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Werken247 14

Your comment is so striking and original! The FML community will thank you profusely for your insight and depth!

mariesexxxface 13

When are people going to learn that 9 times out of 10, this type of comment is completely unnecessary.

"That is such a shitty situation!!!!!1" "Why isn't anyone laughing? ..."

Steve95401 49

That comment is so old that I fell off my dinosaur laughing the first time I heard it.

SenselessPattern 12

75, even back then it wasn't funny.

mpj13 8

How do you even get the two confused?

This kinda reminds me of the "you can't polish a turd" episode of Mythbusters.. But not really, maybe Op's kid is just a bit "special."

infaith 5

it's because the "turd" had mold on it, dog crap tends o do that over a period of time. Sadly I know this due to the fact I have 3.. guess who has to clean the yard every other day..but even I wouldn't get it mixed up :/ and I'm 15.

infaith 5

when I meant I have 3.. I meant dogs btw xP

I am currently 14 (I know, quite the rebel being here underage), and there is not a single person in my grade stupid enough to confuse the two. I don't know if my area is more firmly developed than others, but other FMLs about 13-14 year olds just don't make sense to me about how immature and clueless some kids are.

Unfortunately I think I've seen the turds OP means....that said, it's still only okay to get confused between the two up until like age 6. By 14, you'd think even if it looked exactly like an egg you'd know not to touch it just from the smell...

OhDearBetrayal 25

I think it's best not to tell him. Take the turd and throw it away, but tell him that the bird took the baby back. I don't think he'd like the idea of knowing he was holding shit in his hand.

xxmckenzierae 5

I thought #3 had a good point, but you're right ^^ :)

I think if the kid is really stupid enough to mistake a piece of shit for a bird's egg, he needs to be told...

Brice28_fml 10

I'm assuming your son doesn't know the difference between an egg and a piece of crap. I guess now is a good time to learn, right?

U_GotitDude 18

This isn't something you'd expect from a 14 year old...

I wonder what kind of bird is going to hatch from it...

A Dodo bird! Someone might want to let him know they're extinct...

fudgeimout 2
witchdoctor1 9

A turd bird obviously! And now that I've said it ill see all the thumbs down

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I see a very big problem here. At 14, I knew the difference between a turd and an egg... I hope you don't have children. Your high expectations for them amaze me.

So because I'm 14, I automatically an idiot? I'm pretty sure OP's kid is "special."

81, I don't think that's what they were saying...

81, I think my irony meter just exploded.

81 if OP's son were "Special", then why should this be on here.

Werken247 14

Were you and your husband related before you got married? C'mon now tell the truth.

^^ At least second cousins. Maybe closer. He'll probably be growing a third arm soon.

I can see how those could be easily confused

wagne057 6
pvtmeives 4

It may not be a bird egg but I could be a shit seed

^^ You can? I don't think I've ever heard anyone admit it.