By Anonymous - 27/03/2009 13:05 - Austria

Today, I was outside searching for "treasures" with my son using small plastic shovels. All of a sudden he starts screaming. He dug up the bones of our old dog. I told him that we had sent him away to live on a farm, I even helped my son write letters to the farm owners. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 005
You deserved it 93 203

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Perhaps you should have buried the dog further down... he must've been awfully close to the surface if your son was able to reach the bones with a plastic shovel.

And this is why we shouldn't lie to our kids about dumb stuff. They can handle the truth.

Comments

And this is why we shouldn't lie to our kids about dumb stuff. They can handle the truth.

hellokittywhore 0

I agree, don't bull shit your kids if you ever want them to grow up to be strong enough to handle loss. I had my cat and dog both die within a month of each other and i helped bury them when I was 7 :( RIP Oreo And Zena!!

Its the parents who can't handle the truth, and instead of doing the right thing, even though its sometimes hard to do, they just hide things from kids and lie to them instead of taking the time to explain things. They'll even get upset if someone else tries to explain it to the kid. As if their lies are moral and telling the truth is mean or inappropriate.

I had a cat when I was really young, they had to put it down when I was 3, and my mom was honest to me about the situation. She didn't come up with some bullshit like most parents do to cover up the death of a pet, especially one that had to be put down.

Perhaps you should have buried the dog further down... he must've been awfully close to the surface if your son was able to reach the bones with a plastic shovel.

Why would you be digging around an area where you know you buried the dog? And yeah, I agree with #3, it definitely should have been buried deeper down. good luck explaining that to the kid.

wowfmlife 0

tell him its a dinosaur bone, he'll love it

I doubt he needs to lie to the kid more than he has

yeah, then he will want to keep it. Who would want a bone from a dog of yours that passed away?

piderman13 0

LIAAAAAARR!!!! what did you do? peel the grass and just like stomp the dog under that?? hahaha plastic shovels aren't too great for digging unless its like hawaii sand.

whattheeff 0

Well the only way to cover that up is to tell more lies which is the reason why you're in this situation in the first place. Just tell him the truth, he'll probably appreciate it.

Why is it sooo close to the surface? You obviously spent more time making up lies then actually giving the dog a nice send off... Well have fun explaining that

lol @ the lie of sending the dog to live on a farm...poor kid :(