By Anonymous - 24/12/2011 08:38 - United States

Today, I worked 4 hours for a huge mail call to get all the troops their Christmas mail. And just like every other mail call I did not receive one package or letter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 080
You deserved it 2 508

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sorry to hear that man. Although it isn't much of a compensation, at least you're doing your country proud, even at one of the worse times of the year to be risking your ass.

The_Troller 14

Comments

Sorry to hear that man. Although it isn't much of a compensation, at least you're doing your country proud, even at one of the worse times of the year to be risking your ass.

Doing favors for people is usually a waste of your own time OP. People don't appreciate the things we do for them.

Merry Christmas OP!!! Wishing you all the best in the up coming new year and do us all proud! Signed, FML fans everywhere.

jwade11 12

I'm extremely proud of you OP. If I had the address I'd send you something! It would say along the lines of "thank you for serving our country. I really do appreciate you. You are amazing! I'm sure you have put so much time and energy into making our world go round. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!".

___//____ | || | | || | |___||____| . Love, FML

farnsworth 3

(_(__CRAYOLA__)_)> I got u a crayon OP! ....... ....... And some uh... |---[_|_|_|_|_|_]>----- Harroweeen (Stewie quote bad babysitter)

Aw! That truly sucks. As #1 said, at least you're doing your country a favor. Best of luck, OP!

Aww you poor thing!! MERRY CHRISTMAS OP!!!!! Hope that makes you feel better!!!!!:D

AlaskanEskimo34 0

Hey, feel good you helped our troops. You don't have to worry every day about being shot. Feel good about delivering letters from loved ones they never get to see.

rainydayz133 6

-26 I feel bad for OP but your comment makes no sense. Sometimes you do something good and don't get something back. Although you don't get something back you should still do good things for people for the sake of doing them.

AlaskanEskimo34 0

Really thumbed down for wanting to help america's troops... well **** you guys then i'm american and ****** proud of it!

Yes ! I am the 50th person to thumbs down this stupid comment !

141: **** yes!!! I live in the best country in the world! And the troops are the only reason I can say that. OP: I would send a letter a day if I knew what base you were at, just to say thank you for your sacrifices. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas anyway.

The_Troller 14

I know you're trying to be funny here, but you're an insensitive douche bag.

You sir, are an asshole... AN ASSHOLE!!! Ferris Bueller anyone??

OhMyAlla 0

Your a ******* asshole!!>:c

Torva_fml 16

^ and you fail at the grammar game!

Stormdriven37 6

Dammit, I accidentally thumbed you up. This hero is serving his country, and you are gonna be an asshole to him? ON CHRISTMAS. People like you piss me off.

blackstar994 5

I know he was only trying to be funny. I doubt he was trying to be an asshole. But this is not the time to be funny. If you put your self in his position you wouldn't be in the mood for that stuff. Give him some support.

Sorry, hope you still have a great holiday season OP!

I'm not saying that it doesn't suck, but nobody joins the military for fame and recognition, he joins it b/c of the the pride and willingness to his country. It's honestly a little sad to see you post an FML about not getting a letter if in fact you actually are in the military. If everyone who serves becomes people who all they want is fame and glory, Then the U.S. Is screwed.

so when you go back home, ignore everybody and make new friends

It's okay, I never get candy cane grams like Glen Coco :(

thesunsetglow_fml 8

I think that makes you Gretchen Weiners.

bobbycorwen 5

You go Glen Coco! And none for Gretchen Wieners...

blunttobluntest 12

Well, look on the bright side, you are doing a very good deed by protecting your country. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from my behalf.

Hey, it really doesn't matter, what you did should give you enough gratification to get past anything!

whats your address? ill send you a christmas card!:)

GingerSnap83 0

The OP could get in a lot of trouble and risk the lives of the troops by posting their address.

They can give their address so family and friends can send mail to them. They only get in trouble if they post specific dates and times they'll be moving....

GingerSnap83 0

I'm an army wife and they cannot post their address on a public forum for everyone to see

My fiance is deployed to Kuwait, and his battalion has a Facebook page, with their mailing address. They can't post about missions or their grid location. But they don't usually say anything about the mailing.

j_ortiz27 7
GingerSnap83 0

Well your fiances FRG is stupid thats risking their safety! Im glad my husband isn't in that unit

jarico75 1

91 - the mailing address for a unit is usually a battalion headquarters in the rear. That would not place the men of your husbands unit in jeopardy. Name calling is uncool.

rainydayz133 6

91- How is her fiancé risking the troops lives? It could be where they just get their mail. Not their exact location.

I think my comment got misplaced. But their mailing addresses are to the bases they are stationed at, which I'm positive the locals already know are there. Not to wherever they may be on a mission. I had to mail stuff to his address in Kuwait, while he was going back and forth from Iraq. The mailing address doesn't risk any more than the base being there to begin with. It's when they start giving more specific information that gets them in trouble.

I got a bunch of Family in the marines n they post their mailing stuff on fb as statuses for everyone. Trust me receiving a letter from someone u may not know is pretty awesome because it shows tht people care about what they are sacrificing.