By sneaky1324 - 18/08/2012 07:49 - Canada - Calgary

Today, I woke up by inhaling a fly up my nose, and feeling it twitching and slowly dying inside my nasal cavity. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 940
You deserved it 2 207

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hopefully it didn't lay any eggs in there...

That's gnatsty, but snot the worst thing I've heard.

Comments

Hopefully it didn't lay any eggs in there...

Hopefully OP will get it all out, including all the bits.

maemadness 2

20, I'm afraid that ship has probably already sailed...

The eggs will hatch and the fly larva will eat op's brain

28- I do not think that is possible. I may be wrong tho. Please enlighten me.

p3mguin 7

Neti pots are amazing, especially with a stuffed up nose. Omg it's live heaven after all the pain you have to endure when water and solution is running through your nose.

Yeah it's gross when something that appears larger than your entire sinus comes flushing out though.... relieving, but disgusting.

Turtle_rebellion 10

44-yes, I believe it's VERY possible for maggots to eat a human brain.

28- not trying to be a smartass here, but maggots only eat decaying flesh, so unless you're dead, maggots will not eat your brain.

94 is correct. We would --and still do, in fact-- use maggots in serious infection or burn cases. The maggots will clean the wound of decaying tissue, while leaving the living stuff in tact. Gross, but true!

94-100 of that is true, why did I get downthumbed to hell. I completely agree.

This is a true question so would some one please tell me the answer with no smart ass comments calling me stupid? Are maggots the baby form of flies? I thought they were completely separate and that flies were larva then flies, not maggots. Or are there a certain species of fly that goes through the maggot stage where it eats the dead flesh?

Saints, you lacked confidence; your statement was also more of a question.

I would invest in some fly tape, to insure this doesn't happen again op. Also a paper bag to throw up in.

What did the old lady do after swallowing a fly? Go catch a spider!

gingerwithsoul_fml 6

Good luck getting to sleep tonight...

AphyTheBronette 15

138 - "Hay is for horses I'll feed ya later "

With_Love929 3

Ew that's discusting why didn't you get a tissue and try to blow it out?

With_Love929 3
flutter4 7

I feel like I need to blow my nose now

apologize* or apologise* (if you prefer the queen's English)

You only capitalise "queen" if you're referring to a specific queen or calling her by name. Like Queen Sirin.

38- look at docs previous post. He obviously knows which words to use, and where to use them. I suggest jumping off the thread before he comes back...

ineslovescats 5

36 spelled it right... It's the English way of spelling it not the American one.

Inheritance 10

Wouldn't it be queens' since you're talking about one?

89- the queens English refers to, basically, most of them. It doesn't belong to Queen Elizabeth or Victoria. It's the English of the current queen.

88 has a compelling argument, though he didn't do a great job of carrying it out. If Doc was talking about a specific queen, he should've capitalised the 'q'... As Doc himself said. However, if he was talking about all queens in general, or a group of queens such as 'all queens of England', he should've put " queens' ".

Hm...I shall have to consider this. Maybe I should have just said "British English" instead. :)

Doc, it is the Queen's English. She owns it. She asks - why the hell you lot butchered words like aluminium, oregano and route.

Wouldn't it be queens' then? Showing possession in a generalized group? I never really liked writing English too much. They're too many rules for grammar and also many exceptions to those rules.

Ha my phone didn't load the rest of this conversation. Happy to know my assumption was correct ;)

Doc- which side of the Atlantic ocean are you?

Tourette - Who said I'm near the Atlantic? ;)

4 - Clearly you didn't read 2's post before commenting.

OhDearBetrayal 25

56-They were written in about the same time. I doubt he refreshes his page every second to see if another person commented before posting his own.

Mearemoi 14

Reminds me of that story where a woman had a spider stuck in her ear for 5 days. Disgusting.

MindFreakazoid 10

Thanks for reminding me. I appreciated that.

I completely forgot about that story... And now I've been reminded of it -__-

koolkat27 13

Or the time the person looked at the toilet paper after he wiped and saw a spider.. Yuck :(

Schizomaniac 24

Don't be such a buzz kill, OP. Haaaaaa I hate my life.

Well, I can't say thats happened to me before.

I would assume this hasn't happened to about 90% of the general population.

Actually, studies show that the average person consumes 8-12 insects in their sleep, every year :/

kittytub 12

That's gnatsty, but snot the worst thing I've heard.

With_Love929 3

I see what you did thar. Hahaha.

alshygirl 14

It took me five minutes to work out the pronunciation of gnatsty hahaha

29 - Really? It took you 5 full minutes to pronounce it? Yikes. I wonder how long it will take you to pronounce "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis".

trippythehippy 6

You think it's funny, but itsnot

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis is a lung disease caused by silico dust! (calm down, no need to try and type it into google)

It's actually a word invented by a word puzzle writer for a competition. The actual medical term is "silicosis", which is not as sexy a word.

alshygirl 14

118- I can't even read that word in two seconds, let alone pronounce it.

So did you keep it in your nose to use as a possible projectile later?