By irwingiggles - 08/02/2015 10:26 - Netherlands

Today, I figured out how my birth control works. If you're on your period for four months straight you can't have sex, so you won't be pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 811
You deserved it 4 065

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think you should see your doctor, because that's not normal :o

Wizardo 33

You should really go to a specialist for this, it could be a serious problem down the line.

Comments

yeah, normally birth control stops or at least lessens your period

sexy28 4

seee doctor immediately ! your blood count level will drop & you will stop getting oxygen to your brain causing you to pass out.

I know the feeling! After almost 3 months and a not so happy boyfriend, I finally was back to normal! My doc told me it was just my body fighting the birth control but will go away soon, I hope all is well with you and your cycle medically!

Was it the Depo shot? That happened to me. I ended up hospitalized.

I've heard of bleeding for a week and not dying but 4 months you need to go to a doctor

Queen_of_Night 20

Guys, this is not abnormal. It is an uncommon side effect. When I first tried DepoProvera I bled constantly for the first 3 months. I told my OBGYN about it at the next shot, he said it was normal and that this shot should stop them. It didn't, I continued to bleed because the shot was basically not allowing the uterine liner to stick. I skipped the next shot and a month later I had not stopped bleeding for 7 months straight. Went back to find out that this happens to very few women and he then perscribed me with lots of orthotrycyclin (the pill). I took a months worth in a week to stop the bleeding then normal dose. But if I stopped taking the pills, I would start bleeding, this happened until the Depo completely worked its way out of my system, nearly a year later.

pris0027 19

OMG yes! I had to figure it out that way too lol