Oops

By maybe time to adopt - 04/03/2018 15:00

Today, after my wife and I have been trying for a baby for 2 years, I found out she's still on the pill. Apparently when she was a teen she had bad period cramps, so her doctor gave her the pill for the pain. She never realized it stops pregnancy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 511
You deserved it 1 163

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mechakitty 13

I'm really concerned that neither her parents or her school gave her the talk or explained how contraceptives work.... she's lucky she hasn't developed an STD in that time. I hope she atleast knows what a condom is....

Comments

humans dont breed like cows. we reproduce.

Hey Nadine / Samedi, As someone that has previously shared a Super Mario day article from our blog, I just wanted to give you a heads up about the latest post we just put together on Super Mario day: https://edgylabs.com/super-mario-day Just thought you’d get a kick out of it! We appreciate you sharing our content. Cheers, Srikanth Heerekar

Wait hold on. Sometimes doctors do not tell you that they are giving you birth control. The will call it hormone therapy or sometimes they just tell you the name of the prescription and why you are being prescribed it but not that it is birth control. I've know women who didn't realize that's what they are on for those reasons. She might not be stupid at all this very well could be a miscommunication with her doctor.

azouwa 26

Most men wouldn't say anything. They would just keep "trying." Congratulations.

Let's hope the baby inherits her looks and not her brains

Mechakitty 13

I'm really concerned that neither her parents or her school gave her the talk or explained how contraceptives work.... she's lucky she hasn't developed an STD in that time. I hope she atleast knows what a condom is....

Hey Nadine / Samedi, As someone that has previously shared a Super Mario day article from our blog, I just wanted to give you a heads up about the latest post we just put together on Super Mario day: https://edgylabs.com/super-mario-day Just thought you’d get a kick out of it! We appreciate you sharing our content. Cheers, Srikanth Heerekar

Doesn’t matter, had sex. Lots and lots of sex. However, when you’re trying to reproduce on purpose, sex can sometimes become very business-like and not at all hot. There are schedules, deadlines, meetings, PowerPoint presentations, etc.

The PowerPoint presentations always get me incredibly horny

Don't forget the Excel spreadsheets! Those are hot, hot, hot! My wife likes it when I press her Macros.

AzrielB 8

if you're using macros you're being too repetitive and/or lazy

Lobby_Bee 17

Have her switch to some placebo pills and try again. It'll be funny to see her reaction when she does get pregnant.

Or how about you don't just mess with other people's medication?

There’s no way you didn’t notice her taking a pill every day for 2 years. This is also on you.

PenguinPal3017 19

Yes, and she said that it was medication for her cramps.

the pill box has a very specific look. There's no way you didn't realize whay it was she was taking for over two years

Why would she take it front of him? I never took mine in front of my husband.

but did your husband know you were on the pill?

is there something wrong with taking it in front of your husband? mine was taken in front of my husband many a times, because we would be going about our business & i needed to take it.

why wouldn't you take it in front of your husband its just medication

You both deserve it. I know people panic and go to the doctor's way too soon after not being able to conceive for like, 2 months. But 2 YEARS?? I'm surprised neither of you at your annual physical was like, "Hey, btw, been trying to get pregnant. Am I all good to go??" at which point, your wife's doctor should have been like, "Well, I see you're still on the pill..."

This is what abstinence-only education gets you. How did nobody tell your wife that the pill prevents pregnancy?