Scary

By Anonymous - 22/08/2012 20:08 - United States

Spicy
Today, I realized how much I hate my girlfriend, when I got excited as the doctor told me I should refrain from having sex for the next two months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 792
You deserved it 31 407

Same thing different taste

Top comments

First ever guy to get excited over those words...

deadxwedding84 5

Ouch. Maybe you should dump her?

Comments

cash_monkey72 9

If you hate her so much, just tell her. Don't post it on the Internet douchebag.

You COULD just find a new girlfriend...but who does that now?

MolesterStallone 13

If you don't feel sexually attracted to someone the relationship will never work. I suggest you end it.

There is more to a relationship than just sex. In fact, some people are asexual. They don't feel any enjoyment from sex and yet they still have healthy relationships.

MolesterStallone 13

Sure there is more to a relationship than sex but I see all the time where people are miserable in their marriage because they have a horrible sex life. I'm just saying it is a very important part.

But OP isn't asexual so the relationship isn't going to work, if you couldn't tell by OP's FML. :P

39 - I realize that. I was just using that fact to prove a point about how relationships don't exist solely because of sexual attraction.

44- I know and I agree, but I was just saying I don't think that pertains to the problem OP is having.

#44 - I beg to differ. I think we all agree, most relationships are started based on appearance, unfortunately. I can only assume people find it hard to be with someone they're not attracted to. This, however is opinion, I respect yours.

50- Yes, of course you have to be physically attracted in one way or another to the person you choose to be with, but that doesn't mean that the relationship needs to be based on sex.

50 - I completely agree with your statement about how relationships start. However, I feel that once you are in a relationship, people can start to appeal to you even more than you thought they could. Sounds to me that in the case of this FML, OP hates more than just his girlfriend's looks.

MolesterStallone 13

What really matters is what's on the inside not the outside. You can have the most attractive person ever but if they are a horrible person I still wouldn't date them.

Very true 57, but at the very beginning it is based on what you think of them physically.

Just because you consider someone ugly, doesn't mean the person interested in this "ugly" person doesn't find them attractive, son.

I don't like it when people only go for attractiveness in their partner; but you can't honestly say a healthy relationship can work if the person find their significant other attractive. To make a relationship work properly, you need to love everything about your partner (except maybe certain quirks they might have); which include looks and personality. Professionals have also stated that yes, healthy sex lives helps maintain healthy relationships. Emphasis on "helps", it's not the only factor. I find it hard to believe that a man or woman who claims to love someone with all their being can look at them and say, "nope, not pretty." They might feel that someone society deems "ugly" is very beautiful in their eyes, but I can't understand people agreeing with the point that their significant other is completely unattractive.

For me, physical looks=personality. I find those with good personalities physically attractive, and vice versa. A bad personality would completely distort a person's physical attractiveness to me. So to me, my significant other is attractive inside and out.

citymayer 7

That's irrelevant no matter how true it is. OP is obviously not asexual.

in the words of lady gaga whats love without lust what are feelings without emotion

I think you're thinking of La Roux, not Lady Gaga.

sbuxsux11 8

i agree but financially its almost impossible to not share rent. alot of people are coexisting and stuck in these types of situations.it sucks but i hear alot of people are dealing with this.im rambling but the main point is after the attraction is gone, all the little things become even more annoying.who needs a roomate!

yeah... and I'm definitely one of them... feel pathetic every time I think about it!! ai...

musicluvr2000 11

*face palm* what the hell has happened to society?! Quit messing with the poor girl and talk to her about it.

Don't expect any sympathy concerning your girlfriend from me. You did pick her after all. To me it seems the real FML here is no sex for 2 months.

So this really isn't an FML because this news made you happy. The only downside is that you hate your girlfriend, which you can always change the fact that she's your girlfriend. Unless of course she's a psycho superhero, then FYL.

lexiieeex3 32

Umm your fault for still being with her if she doesn't make you happy dude.

Instead of complaining online about how much you hate your girlfriend, go find one that makes you happy. It's not that hard.

To be fair...it can be pretty hard.

I just realized I left out a part of the last sentence (I sure am slow). Thanks for pointing that out. What I meant was: It's not that hard to break up with someone you hate.