Revelation time

By Anonymous - 21/11/2009 12:56 - Finland

Spicy
Today, I found out that my mom had read my diary because she was worried. She now knows details about my depression, details about my sex life, such as how I lost my virginity, to whom (I don't have a boyfriend), and what condition I was in at the time (drunk as a duck). She also showed my dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 373
You deserved it 22 056

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dont understand why ppl feel the need to keep a diary. It can only be used against you!

AnaMaree 0

Parents who read their kids diaries need to shove a stick up their ass.

Comments

themixedt4pe 0

YDI for being a stereotypical teenager. It sucks that you're depressed (if you really are, please go see a professional), and it sucks that you have nosy parents, but if you hadn't done all that shit and written it down somewhere they could read it, then you wouldn't be in this situation.

Who me, repyyourcliche, or someone else? The comments jump around, so I'm just wondering. [edit] HRRRRRRRRRGH this was a reply to repyyourcliche, who might've said I was a social worker in the making. Damned glitches.

If you didn't want people to know these things, why did you keep a diary? Everyone knows that diaries aren't for storing away from the world, they're for publishing to make loads of easy cash! Your parents were just proofreading yours to see if it was juicy enough. Coping with your depression by getting drunk and losing your virginity to a stranger is a start, but if you want to be a New York Times best seller you're going to have to upgrade to banging three dudes at once while tripping on acid.

riku3220 2

I know right? I mean look at Anne Frank, "Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." lol. Then she got taken away by the Gnatsies and died of typhus.

riku3220 2

Ever hear of a movie called Inglorious Basterds? You should watch it, I heard it was pretty good.

there are not so many things I will resolve concretely about my future but one of them is that I will never read my kids' diaries

riku3220 2

What about when she's showing signs of severe depression and is refusing to talk to anyone about it?

Haha, you wouldn't believe how many severely depressed people expertly hide their depression. I would certainly read my children's diaries, if I found them; I wouldn't snoop for them. I doubt kids will keep diaries when I'm at family age, though. I mean, tangible diaries. Everything will be digital... which may lead to snoopage. Eh, I'll know when I get there. And why have I not a problem with this? As minors, it's not a violation of their privacy; under my roof, they are under my care, and thus certain rights of theirs belong to me. Think it's unfair? Change the laws! But don't go lecturing a concerned parent when they stumble upon a troubling journal entry.

brianr09 0

YDI for being a **** and then bragging about it in a stupid ass book. Congrats, your a dumbass.

ThisismeBaby 0

happened to me when i was 16 my dad read all 4 from the time i was 12 to 16 fml too

comawhitexox 0

omfg, how the hell is this her fault?? everyone judging her for being a "*****" - she had sex with one guy, so what? and she never complained that she got taken advantage of. as far as writing it down, guess what, it was her DIARY. she wasn't bragging about it to anyone, she wrote her feelings down and stuff about her life and didn't intend for anyone to read it.

I hide my diary really well but it always can be found (for example, when we were moving to a new house my mom was cleaning up and found it) thats why i write all of the really private parts in codes in case my parents ever happen to read them. its good to keep a diary; so many things i would have forgotten i remember again when i read my diaries.