Guess she did

By Anonymous - 04/04/2022 18:00

Today, the bank called to ask when were we going to make the mortgage payments for our family home. We were several months late. I had been transferring my mother the cash to make the mortgage payments after she lost her money gambling. She absolutely promised she would stop several months ago. I guess she lied. FML
I agree, your life sucks 614
You deserved it 1 584

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Trusting a degenerate gambler with your house payment is about as smart as trusting my German Shepherd with a chicken. Next time just schedule the payment yourself through your bank.

Why the hell are you not paying the mortgage yourself?

Comments

Trusting a degenerate gambler with your house payment is about as smart as trusting my German Shepherd with a chicken. Next time just schedule the payment yourself through your bank.

Man that sucks. It's a hard lesson, but when people show you who they are you should believe them.

You're giving cash to a compulsive gambler and wondering what went wrong? Maybe an extended period of homelessness will knock a little common sense into you. You'll get some street smarts on the street.

Why the hell are you not paying the mortgage yourself?

I'm guessed he lives with his mother and the mortgage is in her name but why would the bank call him if that were the case?

When my stepdad co-signed a car note for me 25 years ago, even though his name appeared first on the title (better credit), I still paid the payments out of my bank account, not his.

you should have at least double checked with the bank after the first payment. but ydi for trusting a gambling addict with that kind of money.

kitten79TX 5

1. Why weren't you making your payments yourself? 2. Why on earth would you trust a gambling addict with that much cash? while I feel bad for your situation, this is partly your own fault.

No way! Compulsive lying is common among many different kinds of addicts? Who knew? Oh wait... everyone with even a modicum of common sense.