Revelation time

By Anonymous - 21/11/2009 12:56 - Finland

Spicy
Today, I found out that my mom had read my diary because she was worried. She now knows details about my depression, details about my sex life, such as how I lost my virginity, to whom (I don't have a boyfriend), and what condition I was in at the time (drunk as a duck). She also showed my dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 373
You deserved it 22 056

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dont understand why ppl feel the need to keep a diary. It can only be used against you!

AnaMaree 0

Parents who read their kids diaries need to shove a stick up their ass.

Comments

athame1983 0
fyou1 0

OH MY GOSH THAT HAPPENED TO ME ....... not funn.

YDI why would you write stuff like that in your diary?!

Why would someone keep a diary and not write about that? I mean the reason people keep a diary is to remember things like that whether the things were stupid or whatever they make up part of who that person either is or was

You're an idiot for keeping that in a diary. And for having a diary.

What kind of idiot keeps a diary. Is it that easy to forget details about your life?

Yep, when you're "drunk as a duck" apparently!

riku3220 2

The way I see it, if you write it down, YOU WANT IT READ! You should want your diary to be used as a piece of history incase we have a nuclear fallout and your diary survives or something.

i cant say ydi, but this is why diaries suck

Wow people are really disrespectful when its anonymous. Sounds like your mom needs a serious lecture about boundaries, and alot of the people here need to learn about parenting. If parents are respectful and open their children are much more likely to come to them with issues like drinking, drugs, and sex. Having very reasonable parents myself I never had these issues. Just remember OP you'll eventually be able to move out but you might wan't to consult someone about your depression even if its just a school counselor.

I agree with this to some extent. My parents were (and still are) very approachable and I can come to them with anything from homework problems to sex questions. That said, if your kid is acting funny and not telling you why, you have a right, as a parent, to be legitimately concerned. For all we know, the mom noticed that OP was depressed, asked her repeatedly abou it only to be rebuffed, and couldn't think of any other way to figure out what's wrong. I feel like the parents only want what's best for their kid... it's not as if the mom was reading the diary to be malicious. Plus, the major flaw in your argument is that if you're open with your kids, they're more likely to talk to you. If they're talking to you, you won't need to read their diary, and even if you do so, it shouldn't matter, since you know what's going on in their lives anyway. Everyone that's all like "oh that's so messed up, you deserve privacy" needs to shut it. If you live with your parents, and they're paying your bills and giving you an allowance, and putting a damn roof over your head, you have no "rights" to privacy or anything else. You want privacy, move out.

Well said, i've just moved out, my parents weren't even nazis and i feel so much more free. Everyone judging the OP so harsh wtf are you talking about? She never said the guy was a randomer just that he wasn't her boyfriend, and just because she mentions on one occasion being drunk doesn't make her an alcoholic, most of the population drinks, and most of them drink enough to get drunk once in a while. She never said she wasn't using protection either. For all you know she could be 25 and doing a PHD. So shut the **** up. I know 60 yearolds who live with their parents, my aunt Mary does. But yeah depressions worse than you think, if it's clinical you need help and it's worth the embarresment, if however it's not and your just on a downer yeah seriously fyl.

Sorry # 85 but you are completeley incorrect children do indeed have rights quite a few more then you may think. these rights are legal and enforceable by the police on federal and state levels. Also you may not realize the concept of children as property has gone a bit out of vogue. If OP is 16 she also has the choice of becoming a legal independant now obviously thats a bit extreme, but I'm sure you catch my drift. I can only hope you never enter into a relationship or have children since your concepts regarding the "BREADWINNER" of the house seem to make it synonimous with " AUTOCRATIC DICTATOR" and the its to put it mildly terrifying.

So you're depressed, slutting around, and destroying your liver? Sounds like your mom had a reason to worry. Maybe now she can help you.

Her diary does not sound much different that the typical antics of a female college freshman in the US. I would even go so far to say this sounds like what some high school students do in the US. For all we know the OP was 18 at the time when she got drunk and had sex. In most of the world(she is from Finland) the drinking age is 18.

Just 'cause she's 18 and the drinking is legal (depending on where you're from... it's 21 in the U.S.) doesn't mean she's making good choices. I knew plenty of girls in college who got black-out drunk every weekend and slept with various guys. Their parents would've been horrified if they'd known the way they were behaving. This girl is not making intelligent choices whatever her age, and hopefully her parents can help her realize this.

AmoraLynn 6

Its also what many American males are doing. Not just the females. I'm in my 4th year of college and I've been drunk one time, I was 21 it wasn't my birthday and I was with people who kept me safe, not that I really would have needed babysitting I remeber the whole night and it was at my apartment GEEZE OFF TOPIC sorry. I'm not trying to cause an argument I just want to point out its not only the females who do stupid things their freshmen year sadly they are the ones who get the most negative attention from it though and thats what people focus on.