Revelation time

By Anonymous - 21/11/2009 12:56 - Finland

Spicy
Today, I found out that my mom had read my diary because she was worried. She now knows details about my depression, details about my sex life, such as how I lost my virginity, to whom (I don't have a boyfriend), and what condition I was in at the time (drunk as a duck). She also showed my dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 373
You deserved it 22 056

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dont understand why ppl feel the need to keep a diary. It can only be used against you!

AnaMaree 0

Parents who read their kids diaries need to shove a stick up their ass.

Comments

"If you're writing in a diary, then you're not old enough to be having sex." Yeah, because writing down your thoughts and dreams makes you not ready to have sex.

I really can't seem to understand how everyone's talking about "your" and "their" when they talk about how the op lives. Like "if you're not paying rent, it's their house, not yours, and they can do whatever they like". Maybe it's just me who is naive enough to believe that a family is supposed to work together. Instead it seems to be a hierarchy with the parents on top and the children at the bottom. Well that's nice. At least in my home, my room is MINE, along with the stuff that's inside it. It was given to me = it's mine. Or do you guys still consider gifts you give to others still belongs to you afterwards?

Stop criticizing her for having a diary. She probably shouldn't have kept it in an obvious place, but diaries or journals can be useful. What if she didn't feel comfortable sharing all the details of her experience with anyone at the time? writing it down helps to get a lot of the feelings out, and it can be therapeutic. Therapists often recommend that their patients keep journals so its not immature to have one.

k..really though. find a better hiding spot.

your_mother 0

Duck's don't get drunk you idiot.

I know EXACTLY wat you mean. I had a diary. It had entries of how I was feeling when my mom got really mad at me. All the entries of my dreams and the guys i like. And then i had a list of people i didn't like because they were mean to me. After she read it she said "I don't want you making lists like that because it's like a hit list." So to me my mom was implying the fact that I would become a serial killer and go out and murder all those people (exaggerated). But it pissed me off so much I just threw away all my journals and diaries and didn't speak to her for a week.

CoffeeCovered 0

And this is why A) You don't go writing down incriminating evidence (I mean, if you can't remember it, it must not be all that important) and B) You don't go doing things that could be used as incriminating evidence.

kaleibear 0

i know how you feel. that exact thing happened to me. and i was grounded forever.