Revelation time

By Anonymous - 21/11/2009 12:56 - Finland

Spicy
Today, I found out that my mom had read my diary because she was worried. She now knows details about my depression, details about my sex life, such as how I lost my virginity, to whom (I don't have a boyfriend), and what condition I was in at the time (drunk as a duck). She also showed my dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 373
You deserved it 22 056

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dont understand why ppl feel the need to keep a diary. It can only be used against you!

AnaMaree 0

Parents who read their kids diaries need to shove a stick up their ass.

Comments

It sounds like your parents really love you and that you really need the help they want to offer you.

You should've wrote all of that on a diary with a lock.

nah. locks are simple to crack. you should have typed it, encrypted the file, & password protected it

heinousbitch493 0

How on earth is this FML worthy? You sound like a stupid little child. I mean really. You write down your life occurances, good and mostly bad, and expect that someone who cares about you and worries about you to not look at it? Your expectation of privacy is exceptionally limited when you live with mommy and daddy. Your mom has the right idea! She needs to be checking up on you obviously. You're out ******* and getting shitfaced? I don't care if you're 16, 18, or 21. That's irresponsible at any age and leads quickly to rape or an overdose! You're an immature chld who obviously needed mommy to watch out for your wellbeing. I'm really glad she read your diary when she did. Maybe now you'll do some growing up and get some help...though your parents should have already noticed this stupid behaviour.

heinousbitch493 0

Oh tale your own advice bitch. When I was a teenager I wasn't stupid enough to **** and drink and **** some more. Just because you and the op are stupid little ****** with parents that are far too caring, doesn't mean everyone was. And once again, it's not about maturity, it's about some ******* INTELLIGENCE!

no you probably just had no friends to drink with. loser. everyone does at least once

No, they don't, kewlcat, because it's stupid. Getting shitfaced and getting pounded by the first dick to come by (or pounding the first pussy to come by), is, in fact, extremely stupid. You don't know where they've been, what they've got, what they're after, who they are or what they really think of you, and on top of that getting shitfaced is just ASKING for trouble. Your judgement is completely hindered and you're an easy target for any asshole/bitch who comes by. I would think there's enough FMLs to prove all of it. "Today, I woke up next to this guy who had a bet with all his buddies that..." "Today, I woke up next to this person who has a family." "Today, I woke up next to my girlfriend/boyfriend, but it actually wasn't her/him" "Today, I woke up next to this chick and discovered I was her rebound" "Today, I realized I was too drunk to use a condom last night" and so on... I bet you I can find several FMLs that say exactly what these examples say Responsible ≠ unpopular It's one thing to have a bit with friends and family, quite another to waltz into a random bar/party and drink until you pass out with some random tail. Oh, and people who did that "at her age" are the best examples to NOT do that. Kind of like former heroin addicts are the best people to talk about NOT doing heroin with.

I like you. And I also like that your comments disappear along with mine, makes me feel less alone :( Joking of course. It would be nice if more kids realized that there parents are there to help them, instead of assuming they are the enemies. My parents were great, but then again I wasn't running around drinking and having sex when I was still a child. ***Stupid comments never showing up where they are supposed to. I hate that about this site.***

Maybe you should respect your parents and not drink when it's illegal. Underaged drinking is one of the stupidest things to do to yourself. It shows that you can't handle yourself as an adult even though you drink because you think you are one. I believe wholeheartedly that you deserve severe punishment from your parents. And if you have any self-esteem at all you wouldn't have needed to have had sex with a random guy to make yourself believe you are pretty.

heinousbitch493 0

Wow. You're just a complete moron aren't you? (not you op). She was drunk and that fact doesn't create a link to low self esteem, just idiocy and maybe self respect. I don't think your psycho-babble works here. Btw. Explain your reasoning as to how drinking depicts a person's adult behaviour. To me, it sounds like you're talking out of your ass cos illegal drinking is clearly not the biggest issue. You need to grow a brain sweets.

...Where does OP mention her age? Just because you're old enough to drink, doesn't mean you should get "drunk as a duck." And #67 didn't say illegal drinking isn't an issue, just that it's not the biggest issue - which in OP's case I agree with. I think her depression is a little bit more of a problem, which might be causing her drinking problems, and would explain why she may not have very good self esteem, JTrain. Clinical depression is a disease, and symptoms do not usually include loving yourself.

Yes, I agree with you #132, the biggest issue here isn't the drinking, but the depression, and who knows how the op feels about loosing her virginity while she was drunk? But yeah, they should punish her really bad, so she'll feel even worse - that'll show her! Or they could tell her they love her no matter what and try to help her instead.

YDI for being a *****, and then writing about that fact. *smh*

"drunk as a duck" might have just made my day.

YDI for leaving your diary lying around.

sucks that your privacy was violated. but it sounds like you needed someone to know about your depression so you can get help. the whole sex thing... hopefully your parents will pay to put you on birthcontrol!

Sucks to be you. Your 'rents should never of read something so personal. All the things you don't tell 'em on purpose, is written in that. FYL. and sort your parents outt.