Revelation time

By Anonymous - 21/11/2009 12:56 - Finland

Spicy
Today, I found out that my mom had read my diary because she was worried. She now knows details about my depression, details about my sex life, such as how I lost my virginity, to whom (I don't have a boyfriend), and what condition I was in at the time (drunk as a duck). She also showed my dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 373
You deserved it 22 056

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dont understand why ppl feel the need to keep a diary. It can only be used against you!

AnaMaree 0

Parents who read their kids diaries need to shove a stick up their ass.

Comments

Never ever keep your personal diary in a place such as mum n dad's place.cuz surely someday it comes out and life gets screwed like a nail in the wood.and yeah if you could have sex with someone who is not even your boyfriend im sure your parents would have something to say about it.sorry for you.take care.

YDI for doing that shit, because it's retarded, full of bad choices, and probably why you're depressed (that and the fact that you seem like some ignorant young teen. Those years always make you think you're depressed.) and you'll probably regret it most of your life. Sounds like your mom /should/ be worried. You should be glad she cares enough to worry, and to try to figure out what's wrong, and how to help you. Also, YDI for writing that shit down, and leaving it where your parents could find it. A. It's a general rule, if you don't want something to get out, you don't write it down. B. You could have put the diary in a locker, or locked up somewhere, or just gotten one with a nice, secure lock on it- or even just written about it in a private, password-protected blog or something. Sounds like you're good at making bad decisions. Straighten up, child. "everyone judging her for being a "*****" - she had sex with one guy, " She had sex with some guy she wasn't even dating... and only because she was drunk. I don't believe you should have to be married to have sex, but I do believe that you should at least be with the person, and care about them- ideally, love them, and that you should both be ready, and willing. Especially if you're losing your virginity. That should be special, not some drunken hook-up. "It's a violation of privacy, pure and simple." Not according to the law. ;)

pfft drunk as a duck, hornier than a horse, stupider than a sparrow!!

Sparky09 0

Your mom did not have the right to read your diary at all. If I keep a journal, I should be able to write whatever I want to, and then leave it on my desk or anywhere in my room, and no one should go read it. It's called respect, and something a parent should have for their child (and the other way around too). All this "keeping an eye on" and stuff like "she only did it to protect you, and because she loves you", that's still not a good enough reason to read her diary. And if she just stumbled upon it and didn't know what it was until she read it, she should have put it away (not showing the OP's dad). And if she really needed to, take up drinking/sex/depression with the OP herself. And the OP's not a *****/****. Just because she had sex with a guy while she was drunk (because that's all we know) doesn't make her a **** nor her diary some smut novel.

1. The poster's mom probably shared her findings with the poster's dad so they could talk to her about it TOGETHER. Parenting is much more effective when both parents are involved and on the same page (no pun intended). 2. No, it doesn't make her a ****. It makes her a fool.

and this is why you should not keep a diary.

TheMischiefMaker 0

YDI it for acting like a drunk ho and letting some dude take your virginity. your mom has a reason to worry, just the the majority of mothers out there today.

If "some dude" isn't gonna take her virginity then who will? Where I'm from we dont let our women sleep with barn yard animals unlike yourself in your hick backwards little shithole...

YDI for not writing your diary in code. I did that when I was 14, I made up an alphabet and wrote in it. Its not hard, it one of the easiest things to do as soon as you memorize it.