Hypocrite much?

By sonofahypocriticalwhore - 07/12/2012 17:06 - United States

Today, my mom bitched me out and threatened to send me to a Bible camp, after catching me admiring a photo of a bikini model, which is apparently "immoral behavior." This is the same woman who cheated on my dad twice, justifying it by claiming the Devil tempted her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 599
You deserved it 2 293

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hypocrites at their finest. Anything is okay for them to do with their religion as their excuse but as soon as someone else does it they're immoral, hellbound people.

I hear there are lots of naughty, naughty girls at bible camp.

Comments

A religious person blaming their actions on a non-existent being? Simply unheard of! I'll go steal some nutella and blame the devil!

thatKidzmOm 10

I'd be ok with receiving stolen goods if its Nutella!!!!!! Share!

obviousboy 8

Oh, the hypocrisy of religion never gets old to us atheists.

Careful, son; you're treading dangerously close to hypocritical ground.

38 - Please, don't say "us atheists". You make us all sound intolerant.

it's kinda funny, actually. the athiests that claim that religious people are irrational are often even more irrational than the people they're calling names.

Somewhere from above, our deceased ancestors are shaking their heads at the hot mess that they created.

tsent8 15

Oh buy mommy dearest the devil tempted me to! With her curvy body and tan skin and long flowing hair wait I mean I didn't do it!

I hate to say this, but not really; atheists are just as bad but simply blame a lack of self control and pin everyone around them for their own failure. Welcome to the world.

That isn't even remotely accurate. The difference between a religious person and an atheist is the atheist owns their mistakes instead of passing the buck onto an imaginary father figure. And atheists gernerally have better self control because it is based in conscience rather than fear and punishment.

65, Speaking of generalizations... *ahem*

uhnevermind 24

Something tells me you've never met a single atheist.

I have. Have I ever even attempted to force them into my beliefs? Hell no that's rude. Have I ever thought any less of any atheists for their non believing in my God? No I'm not stupid enogh to think they are less than me. Do I think he will " Burn in Hell for his beliefs,"? Nope, you are judged by God by the way you live your life is what I believe. Will I ever attempt to convert anyone to Catholicism? Not unless they ask me to try. Not all theists fall under your little generalizations. By the way, Fun Fact: Hell isn't some fiery inferno, it is just eternity without God.

For all you, yes, I know a couple atheists. I know plenty of people. Maybe it's just those in Texas, but everyone I know refuses to take any kind of responsibility for their actions and blames something or someone else, and for cheating? Oh, it's a primal instinct and a lack of self control or the devil tempting, I've heard both sides. Humanity in general is becoming a more degenerate pool of ignorance and lacks self discipline and morals. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm just a pessimist surrounded by idiots, maybe it's both. Either way, the world is going to hell in a handbasket. Wait, sorry, highly inappropriate for an atheist to use that term. The world is FUBAR and people refuse to fix it. There.

I am, however, stupid enough to spell enough wrong *facepalm*.

Laurenlou 24

We are HUMAN and we all want to blame someone else for our mistakes sometimes. Not just "religious people" or atheist, but every single human being that has ever been born. There is no difference in a person who believes in God, blaming their mistakes on someone else, and an atheist who blames their mistakes on someone else. Why? Because we are all human. I'd like to point out that OP's mother is not a true Christian. (She may be one day, or not. None of us know.) She does not seem to know that she should have apologized and took responsibility for wrong doings. A true Christian would be truly sorry for the wrong doing and would definitely not blame it on anyone else. This thing call a conscience would tell her it's wrong to cheat on her husband. She knew she was doing something wrong out of her own will.

CharresBarkrey 15

147 - It sounds like you need to get out and meet new people. Your views on "humanity" and atheists are completely pessimistic. I've never tried to talk a religious person out of their beliefs, or blamed my own wrongdoings on someone else because I don't believe in God (which, by the way, makes no ******* sense) From MY experience, religious people blame God for THEIR wrongdoings (like murderers who kill in the name of God)

Laurenlou 24

189- People who murder in any name are crazy and messed up in the mind. (I'm not talking about self defense or going to war to protect a country's innocent people from being killed.) People who murder in God's name are truly sick people. It has nothing to do with the God Christians believe in. It's that one crazy murderer who has the nerve to claim God told them to do such a thing. Shoot. Jesus told everyone not to murder in the Bible! Don't let your views of God be blurred by idiots who love to be evil. There are many true Christians who would never in a million years murder a person. You guys are all genralizing both sides a huge deal!

Hypocrites and religious zealots produce the most interesting people.

ruffday 4

I am so sorry! I feel your pain. I too have a crazy ass bible thumping mother in law who cheated. It really does just suck.