Deflection

By Richard - 25/06/2012 03:03 - United States - Uxbridge

Today, I was talking with my wife of five years, and I gave her a few hints about wanting kids. After our talk, she looked at me completely serious and said, "Yeah yeah, kids are great and all, but can't we just get you a dog?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 484
You deserved it 6 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Didn't you talk to her about that matter before you married her?

Maybe adopt? She may just not want go thru labour.

Comments

brevolorio 5

Now tell her can we get divorce instead

Maybe she's not able to have babies, and she's afraid you'll resent her for it. Either way, her wishes should be respected to. Though, FYL for not having something you'd really like, like children :(

raraisbang 12

If she couldn't have kids she might should've mentioned that before they were married.

"A few hints?" She probably just doesn't want to have kids with such a wuss. If you want kids, FREAKING TELL HER you want kids! Though a better time for that conversation would have been, ohhh.... how about five years ago, before you got married?

I have to side with the wife on this. If she doesn't want kids, she doesn't want kids. Don't force the issue. True, you should have talked about this before the both of you married. But if you try to force what you want, if you "opps" her, it'll end up in an unhappy marriage. She'll blame you and will most likely end up in divorce, leaving you with the kid. Some women don't want kids and some do. Some just prefer to have animals then kids.

What is wrong with you commenters? Marriage is an EQUAL relationship. Just because he's a man doens't mean he gets to decided everything in the relationship. Maybe she isn't ready for kids yet? Just because they are married for five years doesn't mean they have to have kids imediately, some people like to wait. Or maybe she's in a part of her life where she feels it would be too hard to go through a pregnancy and birth. Men aren't the ones who have to spend nine months feeling bloated and sick the entire time. Nor are they the ones that have to have sleepless nights 24/7 as they are taking care of a newborn. Grow up guys, just because she doesn't want kids it's no reason for them to divorce.

Actually it's a pretty common reason for divorce, and yes while it is her body and I understand not wanting kids I also understand how hard it is to stay with somebody when you want kids and they dont

yaniggamatt 3

they're quiet at night (unless someone breaks in), they dont ask for money, they dont ask to go hang out with their friends, they dont need a car at 16, they'll give their life for you, theyre easy to feed and take care of, they dont need diapers changed, they dont need insurance, and they dont lie or cheat. why WOULDNT you want a dog????????

You should not marry someone without discussing a big issue like kids. Can't just expect someone to want the same things you do. Your lucky cause as a male you can have kids at any age

hewro_failure 11

I like her thought process better ... Dogs are awesome kids not so much cause you waste so much money on kids and dogs are less annoying and more loving